310 are online

Year

Day

Time

12:39:40

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 182 8:16
I'm not saying I'll betray my faction. Is it possible to leave a faction and use a ship that belongs to the faction to destroy the faction's ships?

Year 14 Day 182 8:55
Xakic Jix

You can sun it or fly it into a black hole, but you will die and it will only damage the ship. That is if they do not unassign you as pilot first and leave you stranded some where.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 182 15:41
Xakic is correct that the only way to destroy a ship is to sun it (fighters and freighter only). But you will die in the process. Its really not worth it.

Year 14 Day 182 15:57
Well then how do people get a hold of these "restricted tech" ships?

I see TIE/lns and stuff on CPM all the time. Same for A-wings. How would people come across these if they are restricted and mainly only factions own them that are allied with the restricting faction?

I mean is there a way to "steal" tech?

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Protection Forces CO
Dean, Ichigo Military Academy
Falleen Federation
Trade Federation Citizen L1
Year 14 Day 182 16:05
Not really, its stolen by people producing them in secret or looting a faction. Some of them are just really old when stealing was possible via Red Scenarios if I remember right. And many of them were simple given away from the DC holder faction or sold.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 14 Day 182 17:47
Xakic Jix

Also to add to what Lilith said, a lot of restricted tech ships are given away during Christmas raffles.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 182 17:55
Ah ok cause I have always wanted a T-65 X-wing. I guess I will just have to save my credits and try tracking one down or see if I get lucky at Christmas time! LoL

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Federation
Year 14 Day 182 19:24
Jefsa's made it pretty clear that he wants all that delicious "restricted" tech to exist on the general R&D trees for each faction type. IE eventually anyone with the right faction type will be able to R&D an A-Wing or a TIE/ln etc.

As much as I want a VSD, I think it'd taste better to produce it myself.

Year 14 Day 182 21:05
Per what Jevon said, I believe they changed it so only fighters are destroyed - freighters are just damaged.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 182 23:24
Jesfa

^

To both of the last 2 posts.

R&D will allow anyone to eventually find the DC for X-Wings or TIEs.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 183 12:26
^

SWEET!!

Commodore, Sir Pepi Deto
Falleen Federation