Time

22:13:45

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Question About Critter Combat
Year 14 Day 183 16:35
Yarchur Orion

I am noticing that when I attack a party of creatures, every creature in the party can initially be attacked and receive damage except for the leader. The leader, or "Alpha (Insert Creature)", will only receive damage after every other creature in the party is dead.

As I often go hunting without any NPCs, it can take me hundreds of shots with a low powered weapon to eliminate a party, so I'm pretty certain this is not a fluke. I can't remember if this happens for bandits as well, but I suspect it does.

My question is, is this a coded feature, designed for this purpose? If so, why is it a feature and what implications will it have on future combat?

1il7wj.png

Chaos is a ladder.

Year 14 Day 183 16:41
Kendall Holm

Done on purpose. Bad things happens if the party leader dies before the rest

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 183 16:43
Xakic Jix

Yes it is the same with bandits. When combat first came out it was not like this, the reason it got coded is b/c once the leader died the part would break and you could kill by individual, making it easy to get the bandit with the gear you wanted and leaving the rest alone. It was also easier for the player to kill all the creatures or bandits one at a time.

It has been suggested a few times to change it back and denied so as to date will stay the way it is now.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 184 1:58
Yarchur Orion

Thanks guys. Is this the case for PvP combat as well? Ie. a character's party must be destroyed before he/she takes any damage.

1il7wj.png

Chaos is a ladder.

Year 14 Day 184 7:39
I have notice also, that I will take damage as well as my entire squad. I do not see this as a bad thing. I also agree that when combating creatures and bandits, the second edition were the leaders not touch to the and is also the best idea.

So, I guess what I'm saying is I support the current way of damage dealing.

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 14 Day 184 20:44
Rho Karn

Then shouldn't it be the same with Player character squads? The NPC's take damage first then the player?

2062608a-7c92-458a-b59d-764d75fb98c3.jpg
Year 14 Day 185 15:02
Yarchur Orion

Considering it seems the technical issues arise only for NPC bandits and critters, and the feature is only there to prevent the said technical issues, I'm guessing there is no point for character squads. Common sense would dictate all members of a party should be equally vulnerable...

1il7wj.png

Chaos is a ladder.