Year

Day

Time

18:57:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Friend logging in at your residence
I am not technologically inclined so I ask this question. If a friend comes over to my house for a party and logs onto my wi-fi and gets on combine, does it show him logging in under my ip address?

Also, if it does can that be construed as multi-accounts or basically breaking any rules as it could be perceived I logged in onto his account?

Just curious, cause if I have a friend over for my kids birthday party I dont want either of us to get into trouble. Thanks for any response.

It's who you surround yourself with, that defines you.
Kendall Holm

It should. To show you this open up Google and type these words "What's my IP" and Google will tell you your IP at the top of the results. Do this on every computer on the network and you will see all the IPs are the same.

Long story short, I had a friend that did the same and I registered as a multi

SWC3dsUser.png
It happening once would probably be ok if he logged in elsewhere lots of times and does so afterwards, although you could make a support ticket anyway to make sure.

If it ends up being a fairly common occurance, I would register as multis through the support ticket system anyway to prevent being banned.

Ellias_sig6.png
Helena Gladio

It happened one time that a friend his laptop roamed on my wifi. We got immediately banned for 2 weeks. SO BE CAREFUL.

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Thanks for the replys. I appreciate it, that is what I was afraid of. Thanks Kendall on the whole IP thing.

That answered my question and curiosity.

It's who you surround yourself with, that defines you.