Year

Day

Time

00:57:00

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 194 19:09
Alven Ceres

This creature is some sort of joke right?

I can find no basis for them anywhere on the internet. Anyway, it's sort of immersion breaking. Here I am crossing terrain trying to find rancors only to have this tired spoof show up everywhere. So if they were a joke from when creatures were implemented, wouldn't it be time to remove them from spawns already?

Edited By: Alven Ceres on Year 14 Day 194 19:10
Year 14 Day 194 19:34
Kendall Holm

They are or were a joke and they hold a certain sentimental value so I dont think we will be getting rid of them

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 194 19:58
Xakic Jix

One must love the Berry Monster. They are great with kids.. ;)

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 194 21:52
The Berry monster is a long-standing dev meeting joke, and it will be staying for the foreseeable future. Blame Jesfa if you don't like them

Year 14 Day 194 23:13
A random creature is immersion breaking?

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 195 0:44
Kendall Holm

Apparently

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 195 9:08
I mean, I have a bigger problem with the ship we have that's literally the name of a former admin backwards, but that's just me. :p

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 195 12:38
Alven Ceres

A random creature is immersion breaking? 

If said creature is a RL fruit running around attacking people, it is to me. It would be akin to having bananas with teeth also running around.

I guess it's subjective, so let the realm of the were-berries go on.

Year 14 Day 195 12:47
Honestly I have a bigger issue with loads of canon or pseudo-canon entities than with berry monsters, but I'm still pushing for the day I can play this species. >.>

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 195 14:31
Honestly I have a bigger issue with loads of canon or pseudo-canon entities than with berry monsters, but I'm still pushing for the day I can play this species. >.>

Done and Done.

You can be the end boss..mountain?

syngav.png
Year 14 Day 196 2:18
Jesfa

With the multitude of random species that exist on Yavin 4, from plants that eat you, to giant spiders, and bears and whatnot, it's pretty likely there's a SW insect/creature that feigns being a plant in order to catch prey.

In either case, there's some ludicrously silly number of creatures in the game, with more being added/worked on, so the spawn rates aren't too bad.

/me shrugs. I don't care either way, but I'm not too fussed with them still spawning, they're the only "horde" creature that spawns in giant numbers I think? Locust-style mentality.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 196 14:11
Speaking of spawn rates, I've come across the ominous Berry Monster on several hunts. Despite their ferocious appearance, they die quite easily. If you ever come across a group/herd/pack/cropping/whatever take aim and shoot. You won't regret it!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 14 Day 196 16:50
Kendall Holm

I wanted to add an Ultra Rare swarm of angry pixels to the Creatures that drop corrupted custom images as trophies.

edit: oh yeah and make a ton of different ones too so people can collect them like paying cards

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 14 Day 196 16:52

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 14 Day 197 3:07
Brand Malden

If we're gonna have non-canon creature running about, why not do something that people would enjoy having as pets more like a dire wolf or some zombies.

r2u7mg.jpg
Year 14 Day 197 6:12
I like my pet berry monster.

Year 14 Day 200 6:21
R`dall Gr`ves

It could be worse...

th?id=H.5038422862531081&pid=15.1

Year 14 Day 203 7:04
^^ WHERE THE HELL IS THE UP VOTE???? ^^
Screw it... +1

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png