317 are online

Year

Day

Time

11:58:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Strike-Class Medium Cruiser seems a little small for a Cap Ship?
Is it just me or does the Strike-Class Medium Cruiser seem a little small to be classified as a Capital Ship?

Most other Cap Ships are significantly bigger than the Strike-Class Medium Cruiser.

There are also a bunch of other Frigates that are bigger in terms of Volume or Mass.

The only reason I can imagine that it counts as a Cap Ship is the weapon loadout, but there are several other "Medium Cruisers" in the Frigate class with a similar weapon loadout + Volume/Mass.

Thoughts?

Qwillian

I'm guessing they went primarily with length.

Ellias_sig6.png
As far as I know class is defined by length, as Ellias stated. And the exact class if ship really has no bearing on anything, its just a sorting system.

There are also a lot of ship stats that are inaccurate or still need to be rebalanced, as well, so the classifications may actually be more accurate currently than the length and size stats for several of the ships. The rationale is primarily what the function of the ship is supposed to be; it's a judgment call from the devs considering its armament, size, and/or general purpose.

swcforumsig

There are several Frigates that are longer and far more massive than the Strike-Class Medium Cruiser.

Qwillian

yep.

swcforumsig

Hence Syn's earlier post about stats being a bit wayward and subject to change.

Ellias_sig6.png
Aren't you a little small for a Stormtrooper?

giggle.

Russ> This is an ok game with terrible people.