Year

Day

Time

12:58:20

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 222 10:32
Shobba Pau

Do we(you) have an idea of how the R&D stations will work? For example, would a faction need to start at a R&D Station 1 and work their way up the ladder or can you just build a Station 3 right away? Kinda seems like you need the R&D station to open up your tree and then the other stations to improve in those designs?

I have intentions of starting a ship faction eventually and am wondering if I should prepare for R&D by building those stations or is that all up in the air right now?

photo avnew1.png
Six Stars is not enough...
Year 14 Day 222 14:51
Maha Michi

Well, you can build a R/D III right now without having built the previous two. They would seem to work along the same lines as SYs.

A R/D III might be able to research all the stuff that the R/D I and R/D II could research, but not vice versa.

Edit:
R/D is still in the planning stages, so how they will work could change.

Edited By: Maha Michi on Year 14 Day 222 14:58

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 222 17:31
100% up in the air right now. R&D is a long, long way off with nothing at all coded for it yet, so no one knows definitively yet.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 222 17:54
Shobba Pau

Thanks guys.

Year 14 Day 222 18:50
Originally (not sure if it is still listed that way on the rules pages) but the different tiers could only research different lengths of stuff etc. However, that is legacy stuff and probably will have no effect on the rules once they are finished and implemented.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 223 10:40
i.e. 100% up in the air right now.

swcforumsig