188 are online

Year

Day

Time

02:00:36

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Packs of euro bills 'falling' out of my pocket next to another player
Helena Gladio

I heard through the grapevine it is illegal to pay real life cash to other players for ingame things. Is this true?

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Shout out to my fellow Falleen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco
Sanctius Thorne

No, totally allowed. Give me £200 and I'll give you an IG hug!

Seriously though, yeah it's against the rules.

tumblr_mpk57dGeKR1qiw9rxo5_500.gif

HandsoffmyLoki_zps65b8f9f7.png~320x480
Yes, and we've banned certain ASims and players in the past who tried to sell assets surreptitiously and in some cases via ebay.

swcforumsig

Paying IC money for OOC things is still okay though.

Helena Gladio

I understand why money can't be transferred to, lets say, Zhao for coding a few ships in my inventory. For several reasons.

But why would it be illegal to pay a few hundred euro's to, lets say, Jacob for a Hulk?

I just want to understand, because i can't think of a reason why not -.-

Jacob, if you read this, the beer is still on!

mystats.php?uid=c3968

It would be unfair to give anyone an in-game advantage on the basis of their IRL financial situation. SWC is not pay-to-win, in any regard. This is why CP ships are always a bit inferior to produceable counterparts, as well.

swcforumsig

Kendall Holm

Honestly I havent seen any games that actually allow for this. A lot of them will perma ban you for even attempting

SWC3dsUser.png
Jesfa

The other issue is if you pay Jacob 200 dollars for a lucrehulk, and then he takes your money and runs, it leads to all sorts of issues.

Given that we can barely exist as a non-profit, adding any sort of allowed currency for assets exchange isn't a good idea.

But personally, as Loki said, I hate games that are pay to win.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Helena Gladio

The answer is clear!

but just philosofical: Paying for a ship like a Lucre, or more common, a VSD, isn't pay for win(?)

It isn't an advantage for me/general sentient, to have one.

mystats.php?uid=c3968

The hell are you talking about.

Paying IRL money for a good in-game asset is essentially the definition of the pay-to-win principle. It's not going to be allowed, and people found doing so will be banned. Earn the credits in-game and find a buyer if you want one.

swcforumsig

Helena Gladio

On a philosofical level, like i said, i understand the answer from the asims, Paying IRL money for a good in-game asset is for me not the definition of the pay-to-win principle. Because otherwise paying SWC to gain a cp ship would be, per your definition, also pay to win?

Pay to win, in my view, is when ascending/descending is down to 10 minutes per level when i pay. Or when my shooting downtime is lowered or when i can buy an Uber ship heftier then the common ship wich can be obtained via regular ways (I hate that too!).

I think SWC isn't pay to win, since when i donate rl monies, it won't give me (or someone who pays) an advantage over other players.

mystats.php?uid=c3968

Paying for CP ships is not pay-to-win specifically because the CP ships are designed to be worse than their in-game produceable counterparts. The idea is that you can't acquire any of the best assets with IRL money, only a couple mediocre ones as a thank-you for donating. That was already addressed earlier.

swcforumsig

You give Mikel $500 for an SSD.

He gives you said SSD.

You have therefore paid money that other people might not be able to as easily gain to own superior firepower and therefore have a greater chance to win conflicts.

AKA pay-to-win.

Clearly only an example, because I charge a heck of a lot more for an SSD.

Hypothetically.

I know nothing about this.

what ssd

swcforumsig

Jesfa

I only charge 250 for them.

LoraxSig3copy.png