Day

Time

20:16:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 293 8:29
Shobba Pau

So..

There have been quite a few new systems found since the outbreak of the Derra virus.. none of them have resulted in revealing a hidden race. Are there still hidden races out there? If so.. I guess they have not been discovered because they are so rare? I thought someone would have stumbled across one by now...

Year 14 Day 293 9:06
Maha Michi

"Finally, been waiting for someone to find that treasure for over a year"
- Arjuna

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=58560&post=724949#post724949

Maybe it just takes a bit of time. : )

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 293 17:40
Jesfa

There's a crapload of hidden systems out there unfound.

Some contain races. Given that some of the original systems we added at start of Galaxy 2.0 haven't been found, it just takes time :)

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 293 18:46
There were approximately as many hidden races added as there were visible ones at the race update. Approx 10 or so, so plenty of hidden races to be found.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 293 20:45
Shobba Pau

Are the race locations canon? Are people searching systems where they would expect to find these races or were they placed at random?

photo avnew1.png
Six Stars is not enough...
Year 14 Day 293 21:27
Maha Michi

Don't see why where they are located should be handed out and the task made easier.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 14 Day 294 2:38
THey should be in their canon position, or as near as the ASims can do it. That would be one of the reasons why the hidden races haven't been named as it would give people a massive advantage in finding them. I think it speaks for the team that dealt with adding them that so far only one race has been found.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 297 4:28
Jesfa

Some finished races were added, some were not. Some additional have been added, some not.

It adds to the excitement when no one knows whats been added and what hasn't.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 297 5:24
It adds to the excitement frustration when no one knows whats been added and what hasn't. 

Frustration because it has been months since only one race has been found, due to a bug no less.

Year 14 Day 297 7:48
You expected it to be easy?

Year 14 Day 297 13:11
R`dall Gr`ves

Remember, this is a galaxy. Scouting a galaxy takes time.

Year 14 Day 297 17:07
I always figured it was just a perk for some people who come across a hidden system to discover a race at the same time.

If it were supposed to be a prominent new addition it'd just be added outright. :p This way it's an occasional rare event, which is nice.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 298 16:21
The only people who know what's there (probably without checking themselves) is me and Jesfa.

syngav.png
Year 14 Day 313 16:29
Shobba Pau

I know I have probably asked this to someone in the past..But!

Does every sector (that does not already have an existing system) have a hidden system at this point or no?

Year 14 Day 314 4:51
Jesfa

What sectors do and do not have systems is unknown.

Sectors that were unowned at the time of the galaxy shift may or may not have gained hidden systems.

LoraxSig3copy.png
Year 14 Day 314 17:09
Are hidden systems added to systems that are completely empty or do could they be added to a deep space location that already has stations?

And if they would be added to locations that might already have stations, what would happen if the sun is planned for where the stations are. Similarly to black holes. Would the system be redesigned or how are they placed? (If that's not restricted info)

ted_winner_sig.png
Year 14 Day 314 19:12
Systems can appear where stations etc are now. As for how it deals with it, from teh galaxy shift and some issues we had there, those entities would still exist just in a deep space layer. It would show as being in that place but would be unavailable until an admin teleported back into its correct position. I would presume that is how it would still work, unless the devs have made a workaround to avoid it.

Ellias_sig6.png