Year

Day

Time

22:44:31

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 14 Day 312 10:24
Another quick question related to hunting:

if a bandit drops something at the end of combat (once all are dead), you would see that as the items simply lie on the floor, that is it?

how (un)frequent is that? is only the leader supposed to drop something?

Joy

rvhow4.png
Year 14 Day 312 10:26
Yes, if they drop something you will see it on the scanner. As for how often, I believe it is a 5% chance when they die.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 313 17:48
should't it be more, given that when an enemy dies in RL, you can search there bodies and take equipment?

and is it 5% per NPC or per item?

Odds are for people who want to minimize there own risk, SO NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!
Year 14 Day 313 17:54
Xakic Jix

SWC does not have a search body option.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 314 3:44
When you kill an NPC, it has a 5% chance (total) to drop one random item it is carrying. You can scan enemy NPCs to see what they have equipped; they will only drop an item they have equipped. It is generally assumed that the rest of its gear has been destroyed in combat.

It's roughly a 5% chance for creatures to drop a trophy or egg as well, but the larger the creature, the less likely the egg drop (0% chance for colossals).

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 314 23:15
Has anyone else noticed that there is a lot of clone armor mixed around in a NPC bandit squad? It just goes to show you that all NPCs are clones.

Odds are for people who want to minimize there own risk, SO NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!
Year 14 Day 315 1:03
That or, you know, there were a lot of dead clone troopers by the end of the war and their armour spread across the galaxy.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 14 Day 315 1:34
Xakic Jix

or maybe ...just maybe, they found the factory that was producing all of the clones armor. I mean after all there was a grip of clones during the clone wars and I know many more cylinders ready to pump out more clones. So i am sure there was a warehouse some where full of clone armor. Maybe the bandits found it, raided and then decided to start a bunch of chaos in the galaxy. ;) just a thought

Edited By: Xakic Jix on Year 14 Day 315 1:42

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 315 1:35
Yet apparently not many dead commandos, always wondered why I've never seen commando armour on the bandits.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Year 14 Day 315 2:55
Because commando armor is restricted tech and there simple bandits.

Year 14 Day 315 3:06
So is so many other items the bandits carry.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
Year 14 Day 315 9:08
Because they manually make the fitouts, and the commando stuff just hasn't been added to a fitout yet.

Year 14 Day 315 11:48
Brand Malden

I don't believe the commando armor is restricted tech, there is no manufacturer listed. I inquired about it some time ago and was told it's something that was given out ages ago like the Mandalorian armor and cannot be made.

r2u7mg.jpg
Year 14 Day 328 23:35
has anyone else noticed that some times if you kill a bandit or creature they can drop loot in the middle of a fight even before the rest are killed?

Year 14 Day 329 0:48
Xakic Jix

any bandit on any creature can "Drop". Not just the leader.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 14 Day 329 7:20
Stephanie Barefoot

Indeed. As Syn stated two weeks ago it is a 5% chance for any bandit that is killed to drop something.

Just a follow up question on this thread rather than start another, what is considered the most valuable item in the current bandit fitouts? Nightstinger per chance?

StephanieBarefoot-DelcroixID.png?=1506284163
Year 14 Day 329 7:33
The drop chance equation is run every time anything is killed, so as soon as you kill one thing, the system runs a check. It will drop immediately after being killed, not after the battle itself.

Year 14 Day 330 1:43
X-45 maybe, but you'd really have to check current market prices.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 330 17:51
Matt Solomon

Most valuable bandit items at current prices are something like this:

1. Nightstinger
2. X-45
3. Force Detector
4. Stouker
5. Heavy Battle Helmet

Prices are dropping fast, but these five still lead the way. Clone armour was until recently very valuable, but even with the price dropping there is not much of a market for it at the moment.

It's worth adding that there is a small icon glitch at the moment, where if you get multiple drops of certain items, they may not show on the map but they should always show on your scanner.

Edited By: Matt Solomon on Year 14 Day 330 17:54

mystats.php?uid=c9320