153 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:09:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Where to post a GNS comments thread for commenting the content and in character ramifications of those posts?
Siarica Aylina

The GNS threads in the general talk forums are always closed because it ends into a discussion about the content instead of the form, and therefore isn't strictly OOC anymore.

The GNS thread in the Meeting hall was closed because it discussed the content in the same way it is done in the general talk instead of:

Corey Vildras took his datapad and started writing "They have closely allied for years Cait,". Checking his message one last time, the Pau'an finally applied his thumb against the screen of his datapad, confirming its broadcast diffusion on the Holonet.

Can we know which part of the forums may be used to post such thread? It isn't trading-related, and therefore cannot be posted in the traders lounge.

Edited By: Siarica Aylina on Year 14 Day 315 1:58

--
I can't believe no one has thought to ask this before. Although I do remember people getting redirected to the Meeting Hall thread before it got locked.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
It would be that IC board that doesn't exits but was suggested couple of times, in my opinion anyway.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

A shame it doesn't exist, things would be so much nicer if people were able to talk about how idiotic a post is on an IC level as well as the OOC level that the current GNS thread is for.

MeshSig1
jtnrs7.png
IRC

swcforumsig

Alexander von Ismay

I agree as well.
But... it won't happen, because it's a good idea. :)

Off to IRC! *skips off*

"Whenever feasible, one should always eat the rude."
Any time such a discussion is brought up, it seems that the Meeting Hall is where people are told to take it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Siarica Aylina

Ellias: Sadly, it isn't possible anymore, due to the moderator's policy:

Moderator Note: I am back to moderate. It seems things have gone lax in my absence. I will only allow a thread like this to exist in the future if it follows a proper narrative style. No more action marks. No more acting like this is twitter. Write it as if it is a story. You want to talk into a holocam? Then do so. Express your character's actions, his surroundings, his frustration, his anger, his mirth.

Do not act like this is space-Facebook.

- Final moderator post in the Meeting Hall's GNS discussion

Edited By: Siarica Aylina on Year 14 Day 315 8:14

--
Wait, how is that implying it's impossible? It seems like he's saying it explicitly is acceptable provided it follows the standard meeting hall format, which I would have assumed would be a given in the first place.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 315 8:36
Deleted Post
Deleted by Jevon Lambright. Reason: Unnecessary after IRC discussion
what

swcforumsig

Siarica Aylina

Wait, how is that implying it's impossible? It seems like he's saying it explicitly is acceptable provided it follows the standard meeting hall format, which I would have assumed would be a given in the first place. 

Sadly, the standard meeting hall format isn't appropriate for such threads.

For example, the Traders lounge doesn't follows the standard Meeting Hall Format, and therefore allowed the creation of an epic thread who is still quoted from time to time: the journal of Teniel Djo.

The journal of Teniel Djo was the personnal journal of a notorious pirate, where people could comment without the hard bondage of the Meeting Hall format. Of course the thread often derailed, and was closed and re-opened, but in the end everyone remembers the thrilling feeling of adventure coming from this pure, unaltered awesomeness.

So, let me rephrase the question:

If a bounty hunter / assassin / prospector / Admiral / ship engineer wished to post his diary, where could he post the Journal of a dude?

--
That sounds like a very different type of question from the first post .. If you want to post an IC diary and they aren't letting you do it in the meeting hall, you need to create an IC livejournal account or an offsite page or something. We don't have a forum that allows you to just make a random journal full of IC rants, hopefully for obvious reasons.

swcforumsig

Siarica Aylina

Oookay... Well, thanks, off for the suggestion forums, then. Thanks for the reply.

It would be that IC board that doesn't exits but was suggested couple of times, in my opinion anyway.

- Lilith

--
Okay, just be sure to bump one of your last two threads for the exact same thing instead of creating a new one

swcforumsig