Day

Time

07:39:46

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Confused on market equation.
Year 14 Day 319 17:18
Price when selling to the market = (Base Price - Owner Fee - Market Fee) x Condition - Distance Fee - Debt

My condition, RMP/batch= 800k-ish, trading = ave score, in faction that owns the station, batch on location. I get 440 offered by market. I'm missing something. What?

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Year 14 Day 319 20:46
Blot Hlidskjalf

seems you tried to sell your stuff in a crate.
you get the money for the cratre then, not for the content.

Year 14 Day 320 5:07
Yea, .... Figured that out. But still uncrated it is wY way off. Sending in trouble ticket.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 14 Day 320 7:32
Ara`il Sa`ren

With regards to the RMP, are you basing this on the amount it cost for you to buy in the Raw Materials, or the 'Estimated Raw Material Price' listed on the Rules Page for the item(s) in question?

Cursive.png
IRC: Ara`il | Holomail: saren.a@live.com
mystats.php?uid=c9431
Year 14 Day 320 10:24
listed on rules. I've got a trouble ticket (private) opened. I'll let peeps know what happens in the end. Maybe a coding that missed an update.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 14 Day 321 7:46
And the conclusion; the equation for selling to the market in the rules section is wrong. The current equation being used is screwed up. The new equation (listed below) will be implemented upon the next sync.

((2*(RMP/Batch))-((0.02*(2*(RMP/Batch)))+((0.2-0.04*TradeSkill)*((2*(RMP/Batch)))*Condition-DistanceCalc-Debt

is it me, or does it seem that the higher the trade skill you have, the more you are punished in the part ")))+((0.2-0.04*TradeSkill" .....?

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 14 Day 321 9:52
Thats a skill penalty. The higher your skill, the lower the number, and the higher your sale price. So someone with trade skill of 0 has a .2 penalty to the sale price, while someone with a 5 trading skill has a 0 penalty. It makes sense if you look at it in a larger sense.

Year 14 Day 321 10:53
I will just have to take your word for it-it still doesn't seem right to me, I even counted the parentheses.

jesbDYa.jpg

Year 14 Day 321 18:17
Kendall and I were looking at it. The equation you have is the closest approximation at the moment, the correct one will be on the rules page (Its not a simple copy/paste from the code).

However, you are indeed getting more money with a higher skill level.