226 are online

Year

Day

Time

09:09:06

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 7 Day 107 12:21
I won a ship in a drawing a few months ago and finally decided to go get it. When I flew my ship (my faction's ship, not the one I won.) to the coordinates I couldn't figure out how to change ships. It's not on a planet, just in the middle of space. How do I get to it?

Year 7 Day 107 18:00
Go to the same location. Go to the entry room of the ship you're in. There should be an Enter button (if not, make sure you set yourself as pilot of the new ship and try again). From there you should be able to enter your ship.

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Only fools and children dream of heroes.
Year 7 Day 111 7:34
"Go to the same location."
I have gotten both ships tot he same location.

"Go to the entry room of the ship you're in."
My ship only has one room. So the cockpit and the enrty room are the same thing.

"There should be an Enter button (if not, make sure you set yourself as pilot of the new ship and try again)."
I set myself as commander and pilot, but when I click enter it says "There is no facility, ship, space station, or vehicle where you may enter."

"From there you should be able to enter your ship."
Can't

What else can I do? I'm kinda at a loss here.

Year 7 Day 111 15:09
Can you scan the other ship? How many passengers are on it, and what's the maximum for the ship type?

"May the Grace of Ara go with you, and His Vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Year 7 Day 111 20:14
When I click on scan it only brings up the space stations that are in the system, no ships. If it helps I am in a Cloakshape/H Fighter and am trying to get on a YT-1300. I have checked that we are on the same spot a hundred times but it doesn't show up on my scanners.

I'm not sure how to check how many passengers are on it, but the crew list is blank. A YT-1300 can hold 8 passengers, so I'm guessing there aren't eight people who have been sitting there for the last few months. I got it in the big raffle for either February or January.

I feel like I'm missing something really simple. That's why I've checked the location so many times. Sorry for causing all this trouble...

Year 7 Day 111 20:27
If you can't see it on a scan, my instinct is to say that it's not there... Does it show multiple green ships on the system map at your location? If it doesn't, your other ships is not there. I know you say you've checked the location, but it really sounds like it's not there...

Maybe you could copy/paste the exact location from your cockpit view, and from the information on the ship you're trying to move to?

Year 7 Day 111 20:51
If you want to post the IDs I can try to verify that they are at the same position, in case there is a bug there.

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 112 11:27
have you assigned yourself to the ship? maybe you should assign yourself pilot of the YT-1300

\"Tread with care in foreign lands human, if you are lucky you will only lose your pride.\"
Year 7 Day 112 11:58
Hal:
There should be an Enter button (if not, make sure you set yourself as pilot of the new ship and try again).

Kraken:
I set myself as commander and pilot...

;)

- Proud member of Khan's "people to have dragged round back and shot" list.
- A. Stille, in compliance with US federal law.
Year 7 Day 113 12:58
Deleted Post
Deleted by Jesfa. Reason: testegbbr
Year 7 Day 114 0:28
Okay, you're actually showing as being at (4, 4) on the planet at that position, and the other ship displays as being at (5, 4) on the planet at that position.

Which is odd since you say there's no planet. If that is true, one of the ASims may need to move one of the ships back into our dimension (E-mail assistants@swcombine.com in that case, and include your handle, both ship IDs, and a quick description of the problem, since none seem to be interested in checking here).

For the record, white squares on the travel screen are typically caused by an out-of-date version of IE. You should be able to see just fine on IE7 or Firefox, which might help.

Edited By: Syn on Year 7 Day 114 0:29

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 118 13:40
I'm so sorry! I meant that space stations were the only non-natural things showing up. (If you get what I mean). The planets and the star are showing up, just no ships. Which isn't very surprising for a system on the edge of the galaxy. Do I still need to send that e-mail?

I checked again and it is still showing me at 4,9 as well as the ship I am trying to board. I see what I can do about getting a newer version of IE, but I guess I can live with a white square for now.

Year 7 Day 118 16:48
Ah, if there is a planet, then no, you don't need to send the e-mail. (: Just head to the position I gave you and see if you can find it there. If you're still having trouble after that, then you may need to contact the ASims to look into it further. They've got more access than I do.

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 119 9:05
Hmm, it looks like you currently are at 6, 4 in the system ... can you try flying to 4,9 again and boarding the YT-1300 again?

mystats.php?uid=c1
Year 7 Day 119 13:00
I just moved over to 6,4 so that I could see if there was a planet at 5,4. Syn said there was a planet on 5,4 and I didn't remember seeing one, and I can't see one under me because it's a white square. So I moved over one to look, and there is no planet showing up at 5,4. I guess it is missing.

As you asked, I am about to go to 4,9. I will post an update as soon as I get there.

Year 7 Day 119 15:59
No, I said (5,4) on the planet, not that the planet is at (5,4).

Edited By: Syn on Year 7 Day 119 16:00

swcforumsig

Year 7 Day 122 14:36
Sorry, I took thought that you meant there was supposed to be a planet there, and I didn't remember seeing one.

I have arrived at 4,9 and it still says the same thing. "There is no ship or facility you can board at this location" or something like that. Is there a way one of the admins, progies, or "important people" could log on to my account and see if they can do something, without breaking any rules?

Year 7 Day 123 8:50
Kyle Rainer

Should be fixed now. The ship should be at your location.

Year 7 Day 123 11:01
It's there. Thank you all for the help. I'm sorry to have caused all this trouble. I guess this can be closed now.