Day

Time

17:23:19

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Race Change and Cybernetics
Year 14 Day 342 0:10
Since admins dont seem to know, has anyone with cybernetics installed changed their race? I am wondering how does it work with SP allocations. If it either adds the bonus before or after the initial skills.

For example with the new race and if you have Cybernetic Arm. The race has +2 Str and the arm also gives you +2 Str, so either your initial Str starts at 2 and you can make it 3 so when you finish your initial skills, it will be 5. But if it adds during the initial skills, it will be 4 and you have to make it 5 yourself, which is obviously more SPs.

I hope it makes sense, thanks.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 14 Day 342 1:45
If the cybernetics work in the manner that they are meant to from the way they were explained when they were first implemented then they would add the +2 after the skill is calculated.

From the way it was shown the cybernetics do not interact directly with the skill points but add a flat +2 bonus to your original skill level without changing the amount of skill points you would normally need to spend. For example you have 0 Strength, get the cybernetic arm and then have 2 Strength. You would only need to spend 4 points to raise the original skill from 0 to 3 with the end result of having 5 Strength as the +2 Strength from the artificial arm is added to the original skill level. That is how it is supposed to work at least.

Which means if you change your race to the Togorian and spend more than 2 skill points to raise your strength to 5 with a cybernetic arm then it is most likely a bug or something that needs an admin, or others, to check.

I have no cybernetics installed or intend to change the race but that is how it is supposed to work according to all the developer explanation about cybernetics when they were implemented. Sorry for the rambling. ^_^.

Year 14 Day 342 5:51
Cybernetics stay with you after the change :-)

I have someone who tested it for me

xvflKAn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Year 14 Day 342 11:40
I didn't think they would disappear, but is it like Gwen said? Because I am assuming I can "spawn" with 3 and then it will be made 5 by the Arm, but if it wouldn't somehow due to some crazy bug, I don't wanna told there is nothing to fix it or something =P Thanks.

MeandMine.png

Year 14 Day 342 19:48
Cybernetics apply a modifier to a skill, but do not change your skill level itself.

Therefore, Gwen's explanation is correct. If you were to e.g. wear an Artificial Arm, and then switch to a Gamorrean race (for the sake of argument), your Skill level would be Strength 3 (due to the Racial bonus of Gammos) and the Arm would modify that by +2 to reach a total of 5. You would STILL be able to up your strength from 3 to 4 by spending "3 skill points" and then from 4 to 5 for an additional "4 skill points", though that would be useless unless you subsequently remove the Cybernetic Arm.

Year 14 Day 344 1:29
The skills pages will show a cyber bonus of whatever skill "+2," as well as a reduction to any reduced skill, even "0 -1."

The bonus, however, is not a skill point bonus, but a level bonus. If you have 0 points in a skill and a cyber bonus for that skill, it would be listed as "0 + 2," or 2nd level. A skill with one point assigned would be raised to 3, and so on.

Which is pretty much what Gwen already said.

If you do switch to the Kitty Kat race, Lilith, perhaps you could report back as to how the cybernetic works for you as you apply your skill points.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 14 Day 344 11:08
Yeah I will, after I write some on my plague sickness to justify it, so probably this weekend. I can use the cheaper General skills =P

MeandMine.png

Year 14 Day 346 2:51
So I started with Str2, finished my skills and with bonus it was 4. Then was abble to pay 2 SPs to make it level 3 and now its 5 again. But it didn't recalculate my HP, is that a bug or will that happen when I level up like after my cybernetic operation?

MeandMine.png

Year 14 Day 346 19:34
Happens when you level.

swcforumsig

Year 14 Day 347 2:35
Is that intentional? It just seems to be a bug or oversight, when a high level person changes it takes lot longer to get the HP change. I remember with cybernetics it was missed when coding the operation.

MeandMine.png