182 are online

Year

Day

Time

23:34:57

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Custom NPC - Can they perform combat / hunt with me?
Question: Can a custom NPC perform combat/hunt with me, if I equip them? Want to make sure before I waste CP.

photo 114_zpsjjswqshj.png
Yes they work like any other NPCs when it comes to combat and equipment.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Most Fabulous!

However, be aware that in the future they may be prevented from combat because of their ability to be spawned nearly instantaneously at your location.

Ellias_sig6.png
Would probably make more sense to spawn them on some fixed location or with a time-delay. If we spend long time training NPCs we wanted to have specific name and then they can just sit around, that would be rather annoying.

MeandMine.png

Ric`zix Xichiz

Custom NPCs are for RP purposes only, and will not be able to carry out NPC type specific work.

- Custom NPCs

To be fair, it does say they are just for RP purposes.

But in all honesty, you would still be better off with "real" combat NPCs. I'm not sure if Custom NPCs get extra skill points, but the "real" NPCs have classes (Melee, Rifleman, etc.) that give them skill modifiers. Add that to race modifiers, and those NPCs are already better than Custom ones. (Again, Customs might get extra skill points to balance that, I'm not sure).

The cost to use them as cannon fodder is WAY too high. 6k in CPs for a squad is crazy talk. Sometimes luck isn't on your side, and every bandit hits the same guy. Next thing you know, you gotta write a letter home to Mama Joe explaining why her boy ain't coming home. It's bad enough losing weapons/armor/squad members, but throw in a 500 CP investment too? Yikes.

Stolen Item Ticker : 1,592
Agreed on the CP cost, nobody is gonna waste that much just to spawn a squad. Easier to run off into a starport, spawn a ship and fly away.

They do not start with any extra SPs wither, and their skill preset when they spawn doesn't make them good for combat at all. Regular troops are sure better.

As for NPC specific work, they way I understand it, that is features than need certain NPCs like builders, workers, dirt haulers, etc. Combat isnt a NPC specific task.

MeandMine.png