Year

Day

Time

03:05:52

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 6 16:02
Icarus Carinae

Can't find them, been searching for a long time...

Year 15 Day 6 16:58
Kendall Holm

They are there, seen them, just do not remember where they are. If I find them later I will link them unless someone beats me to it

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 6 18:23
Icarus Carinae

Seen them myself...

Year 15 Day 6 20:08
Kendall Holm

Oh did you find them? If you did then put the link in here so that others that might be having the issue may find them as well

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 6 21:57
Not a rules page, but there was a sync digest that explained it: http://www.swcombine.com/community/simnews/index.php?display=2&postID=22222

NPC Patrol has been re-enabled. NPCs now also have a random chance of taking a rest at each patrol point (between 30 minutes to 2 hours). NPCs will have a 50% chance of resting, and can rest again after a previous rest. This has been done for two reasons, to slow the amount of XP being gained from setting NPCs to Patrol, and also to reduce the load on the server.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 10 17:50
Wait. NPCs will have a "random chance of taking a rest", but "NPCs will have a 50% chance of resting"

Is it random? Or is it 50%?

Year 15 Day 10 18:19
Probability is inherently random.

While the chance is set to 50%, your NPCs might end up resting 17 times in a row, and then not resting the next hundred. There is no guarantee it will alternate or that the behaviour will be at all predictable.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 27 14:29
Kraak Ak-Xaiva

Yeah, flipping a coin is 50% chance, and random; they're not mutually exclusive.

2i8cinb.jpg
Year 15 Day 27 23:04
Kendall Holm

Do not fall victim to the gamblers fallacy

SWC3dsUser.png