283 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:48:55

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 35 20:38
Anyone know how many it would take to cover deepspace tile?

AmeliaSwansonCA.png
Year 15 Day 35 20:56
Maha Michi

Do you mean to cover a whole system? One would easily cover a single tile or square.

Do a forum search for "sysat" by keyword. The question on how many it takes to cover a system has been asked previously.

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 15 Day 35 21:11
Xakic Jix

it take 4 sats to cover one system square... no matter if it is DS or an area with planets.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 36 13:35
no matter if it is DS or an area with planets.

- XJ

Proviso: Planets/Stars/Asteroids block sensors, so some systems need more than 4 Sats to cover all the area.

I also think there's currently a bug/feature that unless you have an entity sharing sensors directly on the square with the planet/asteroid, the sensors do not cover that square.

I'll share it here again as it's somewhat relevant, and will also let you substitute sensor values for stations. Sensor Shadow/Power Calculator

Eventually I'll get around to making it actually work for multiple entities so all the power values are calculated properly.

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 15 Day 36 13:35
Year 15 Day 36 21:15
Xakic Jix

if you place the 4 sats correctly the planets and suns do not really interfere

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 37 4:59
Loftano Drak

Not every system is the same.. If you have a couple heavy planets (big gas giants) clustered in a corner, odds are you'll get a shadowed effect.

Year 15 Day 37 10:33
Tell me what four sat locations cover everywhere in the Anzat system.

ZE_Cronus_sig3.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Year 15 Day 37 11:54
Xakic Jix

then use 20 if you feel like wasting time and money. I have set up sats in a few systems and I have never needed more then 4. Apparently some places need more, I personally have never seen where more then 4 was needed.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 37 13:25
Yes, some places do need more as has been addressed. Now that the question has been answered I'm locking this because it's a really dumb argument.

swcforumsig