Year

Day

Time

12:36:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 48 6:39
Dan Hakim

I was told a while ago that alazhi could only be found with alazhixazha but then we got this the other day:

... has completed SX-65 Groundhog prospecting on planet Bastion at (10, 6) with 12 vehicle(s). He found 49,500 units of alazhi.

So what's the point of alazhixazhas if other prospecting vehicles can find alazhi?

DukhaBanrHRZNTL_zps08e5f7a7.png
Year 15 Day 48 7:56
Ben Camden

That Alazhi-thingies always find Alazhi, if they find a raw material? Greatly increasing your chances of getting that specific material at the site you're prospecting.

Although I'm not sure they're implemented at all (if one reads the rules).

Edited By: Ben Camden on Year 15 Day 48 7:59

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 15 Day 48 17:09
My Alazhi was also found with Groundhog, though that was years ago. I actually never heard of anyone using alazhixazhas for prospecting.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 15 Day 50 15:13
Siejo Kutol

I was under the impression that you had to use the alazhixazhas

*shrugs

rtg1ZLN.png
Year 15 Day 50 19:34
Lorenzas Atticus

No we found Alazhi twice using Groundhogs in the last few months.

Year 15 Day 50 23:32
Xakic Jix

I have only used alazhixazhas in the past to prospect the terrain for alazhi... I found it twice with them but never anything else.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 51 14:50
We found 5 deposits of Alazhi in the past 2 or 3 months all with hogs or FKs

Year 15 Day 52 8:29
Dorn Zeke

Ben is correct. Any prospecting vehicle can find Alazhi, but the chances are far less because that same prospecting vehicle has a proportionate chance of finding any other deposit type that same terrain can support. The alazhixazha can ONLY find alazhi - that is, if it finds a deposit, it will 100% of the time be alazhi.

Groundhogs have 480 sensors in a squad. alazhixazha have 120, and FKs have 120. Of course Groundhogs have the greatest chance of finding a deposit on any given square, but alazhixazha and FKs have the same chance of finding a deposit.

So, looking at say a forest square using both FKs and alazhixazha. Both squads have the same chance of finding SOMETHING. alazhixazha can only find 1 deposit type - alazhi. If the FKs find a deposit, it could be Ardanium, Duracrete, Alazhi, Nova, Varium, Durelium, Lowickan, Vertex or Berubian. So, if the FK did find a deposit, there is a 7.255% chance it will be Alazhi; if the alazhixazha found a deposit, there is a 100% chance it will be Alazhi. For argument's sake, let's say there is a 10% chance you find a deposit using 120 sensors. That means, on any given unprospected forest square, there is a 10% chance you find Alazhi using alazhixazha, and a 0.7255% chance you find Alazhi using FKs.

This explains why it is so comparatively rare to find Alazhi using FKs/Groundhogs, and why those looking specifically for Alazhi on their terrain should use alazhixazha.

mystats.php?uid=c2626
dorn_zeke_cit.png