262 are online

Year

Day

Time

16:39:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Are there any good IRC channels?
Year 15 Day 85 13:06
Is there a room on IRC where you can hang out ? Do not say members room only a select few get to talk in there. Looking for a room that will let you in Either IC or Ooc. a place to meet other members and have fun.

Suddenly, I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door...you heard me rapping, right?
KSSig_zps1c168b00.jpg
Year 15 Day 85 13:12
Xakic Jix

#hellions_tavern is a good IC room.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 85 13:14
Jawas frequently hang out in #pubcrawler and you do not need to be a Jawa to participate.

200px-Patchessignature.png
Year 15 Day 85 13:32
Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

I personally like #swc-members . It's warm, inviting, welcoming and fun. We always have a good time in #swc-members . Join #swc-members today!

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 85 13:43
It's generally suggested that you avoid -Members like the plague it is.

Year 15 Day 85 13:56

That's silliness Weylin. Everyone is treated with respect in -members.

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 85 14:00
Xakic Jix

Thats bullsh@t Var. Most are treated like crap in -members. Only a select few are treated with any type of respect.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 85 14:28

Now now, Xakic. Let's calm down and talk about this reasonably. Who doesn't get treated with respect in -members? What do they generally do prior to being treated badly? How could they change their attitude after being treated badly to prevent it from happening again?

You get a large group of people in a place (in this case -members) of course you're going to have clashes. The admins (in this case of the channel) then have to figure out who causes the particular clashes and why these clashes occurred and remove the problem.

A majority of the time the people that get treated "badly" or "without respect" in -members are the people that are behaving badly and treating others without respect. If you've had a bad experience that you've felt was a personal attack, I'm sure talking to Loki about the perpetrator with proper logs that prove that it was unjust would get them punished for their "crimes".

In my experience, however, -members has always been friendly more or less except when someone comes in and feels like they need to stroke their epeen to make themselves feel better.

Edited By: Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson on Year 15 Day 85 14:38

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 85 14:57
Kuro Neko

#cmg-alissma is a mix of IC and OCC, and open to all. We sometimes give out cookies and cakes.

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Year 15 Day 85 15:26
Xakic Jix

You are really going to say that with a straight face Var?? Really?!? -Members is nothing more then a popularity room, thats it. Anyone that comes in there that is not well known and liked gets bashed off the bat just for saying hi. More then one person has had the same experience. And that is fine if that is the type of channel that it is but please do not try and insult anyones intelligence by saying that it is something it is not.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 85 16:03

I'm not insulting anyone's intelligence. The last 5 or so times I recall someone getting bashed was because they decided to be offensive, lewd or other generally distasteful things. Just because your experience and your faction members' experiences were bad in that channel (most likely because you guys attempted to troll or do generally distasteful things) doesn't mean that everyone that goes in there gets treated that way. It's ALMOST like your actions influence the way people treat you. But who's ever heard of that logic? That's just silliness right there.

That's got to smarts.
Year 15 Day 85 16:50
Xakic Jix

Now you are getting stupid. I am not talking about my faction or any member in my faction. I am talking of others, mostly new players that went in there to meet new people and got talked to like shit fr no other reason other then saying hi. But apparently you are part of the crowd that can do and say what ever the hell you like and not worry about shit right?? So unless you know who the hell I am talking about then do not act like you do. -Members is a bullshit channel for ass kissers and anyone that does not kiss ass gets treated like shit. Apparently you are an ass kisser, so have fun with that. But do not insult those in my faction when they have not done shit to you and are not even in the conversation.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 85 17:42
Maha Michi

Agree with Weylin, -members is to be avoided.

"That's silliness Weylin. Everyone is treated with respect in -members."
- Var

"Thats bullsh@t Var."
- Xakic

^ This

kx7JEUp.jpg
VcL2Esm.jpg
IrCmAXv.jpg
J7BUXTv.png
Year 15 Day 85 19:07
This really isn't the place for a flame war, so this is getting locked now.

You can use the /list command on most IRC clients to see a listing of channels, and should be able to sort them by users. Your faction may have a public or members room for you to hang out in as well, so get in touch with them to find our where your factionmates spend their time.

For any rules-breaking behaviour in a #swc- channel, you can DM, PM, or e-mail (syn@swcombine.com) me with logs and I can take a look. You can also use the /ignore command if it's someone in particular you don't like. "Be nice" is not a rule because this is an internet community and not a kindergarten classroom, but actual obscenity directed at you will be handled.

Edited By: Syn on Year 15 Day 85 19:07

swcforumsig