214 are online

Year

Day

Time

20:51:11

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Can you die on any of the planets in The Derra system especially Derra IV?
I have heard a lot about Derra IV and am now in route, and my question is, Can you die on any of the planets in The Derra system especially Derra IV?

Odds are for people who want to minimize there own risk, SO NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!
So basically it's just like every other planet except its dedicated to PVP and weapons testing?

Odds are for people who want to minimize there own risk, SO NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!!
Just dedicated to ComBeta, which includes (in the form of "Attacker vs. Defender"):

- Player vs. Player
- Player vs. Player/Faction-owned NPCs
- Player vs. Creature
- Player vs. Bandit
- Creature vs. Player
- Bandit vs. Player
- Player/Faction-owned NPCs vs. Player
- Player/Faction-owned NPCs vs. Player/Faction-owned NPCs
- i suppose technically also:
- Player/Faction-owned NPCs vs. Bandits
- Player/Faction-owned NPCs vs Creatures
- Creatures vs. Player/Faction-owned NPCs
- Bandits vs. Player/Faction-owned NPCs

Where, Player/Faction-owned NPCs, Creatures and Bandits can all die, but PCs cannot drop below 1 hp.

Combat elsewhere is limited to:

- Player vs. Creature
- Player vs. Bandit

where Player/Faction-owned NPCs that are in your party as well as Bandits and Creatures can die, but not PCs.

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 15 Day 91 16:55
Great and is what I have heard about being able hiring NPCs there Correct?

NPC hiring works on Derra the same way as anyplace else.

swcforumsig

I would caution about hiring the npcs. Since there is a bug (or something) preventing the resetting of monthly npcs you can hire in stations/facilities. Meaning that if all npc's for facility/station have been hired and it is at 0 then you won't be able to hire any. Usually every month they reset to the correct amount that would be hireable but the bug prevents this.

So you might want to plan to take your own npc's and have extras available just in case the npc's on Derra have all been hired out.

I know the Asims announced that you can submit a ticket and request the amount and type of npc's you want and give them the id number of what you want them spawned on and they will spawn the npc's once payment is received.

I did this for builders and they were very accomodating. I had my npc's within an hour or so.

I have provided a link for reference below:

http://www.swcombine.com/community/simnews/index.php?display=2&postID=22469

It's who you surround yourself with, that defines you.
Matt Solomon

I can confirm that all of the NPC's have been hired out from all of the facilities on Derra and that this has been the case for almost a year.

mystats.php?uid=c9320
I would like to say what Matt said is true, I checked personally.

Thank you for confirming the confirmation; would anyone like to confirm the confirmation of the confirmation? We need to go deeper.

swcforumsig

I agree with Syn, some one needs confirm my confirmation of Matt's confirmation. This must go deeper!

Kuro Neko

But be aware that while Darkness planets are safe from OOF A/E, they may not be safe from in-faction A/E.

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Xakic Jix

no place is safe from in faction A/E

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Raidan Spike

What about your own ship?

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Dratt Darkstar

Not if they can get on your ship ;)

--
Bureau Chief Dratt Darkstar
Chief of the Bureau of Analysis