Day

Time

15:05:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 97 5:24
Drashik Barran

Greetings everyone,

so simply put, are there any books in the Galaxy? I heard about people creating books as items and putting the content into the descriptions page.

Thank you, regards

Drashik Barran

We need each other...
Year 15 Day 97 6:02
Custom items with descriptions is the eway to do it. Although I believe it is possible to add the full description later, which makes accepting it easier as it will not stretch the page to infinity.

Year 15 Day 97 13:35
The Sith are working on a few ancient tomes to store in the temple library, and I'd love to know of any other groups doing similar things. I think those sorts of things are great to add to the Combine.

Year 15 Day 100 13:30
Drashik Barran

Do you know or heard of any suggestion regarding something like this?

Cheers

We need each other...
Year 15 Day 100 14:05
Suggestions? It's an IC project people can do if they choose in-game, but not something that's done in an OOC context by the developers. It doesn't need a suggestion since you can already do it and doesn't require developers.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 101 2:37
Drashik Barran

You're right! I forgot...

Edit - scratch the comment above

Thank you.

Kind regards

We need each other...
Year 15 Day 101 12:58
Because I'm working on Anzati Books and because I don't have a custom item I wonder how a person can read the Custom Item description? Hover the Cursor over the item or they are visible only is they are assigned (through the inventory) ?

Oh is there a character limit for the custom items descriptions?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I added the last question.

Edited By: Okrim Rimdor on Year 15 Day 101 13:00

Sig600x300_zps62a05ccb.jpg
Year 15 Day 101 17:08
Same as any other item - click on the small image and it brings up the larger image along with the description.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 101 17:31
Nope! I tested that multiple times and I can't see any description.

I went to my inventory>Items&Ships>Description (typed "test")
then I went to the items/ships and I got nothing other than the name of the items or ships.

Year 15 Day 102 4:24
The Sith are working on a few ancient tomes to store in the temple library, and I'd love to know of any other groups doing similar things. I think those sorts of things are great to add to the Combine. 

Tion Hegemony is working on similar things aswell, books, relics and artifacts and other things related to the history of the Tion Cluster.
Some of the these objects will be custom items.
We even have plans to make customs for a entitie or two, if the art team would allow it.

Its a fun side project and adds depth to the game.

OUNzz3U.png
ZE-believer.jpg
Year 15 Day 102 9:09
I went to my inventory>Items&Ships>Description (typed "test")
then I went to the items/ships and I got nothing other than the name of the items or ships. 

We call this a 'bug'. It needs to be reported on the 'bug base'.

Year 15 Day 102 9:29
So I will post that to the sarcastic quotes bug base.
Thanks for stating the obvious.