Time

14:38:43

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Usage on bbCode tags available or not
Ruben Wan

Hello,

among the available bbCode tags that I see when I post in these forums there is the tag.
Can someone please tell me how to use it? Are there parameters I can add in the tag to change size, colour, font name, or whatever?

Also, I see there is the possibility to center the text but I cannot see a or alignment tag. Is it possible to have them added?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Ruben

Ruben Wan
KuTBv1W.png

Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson

All of the things you just asked are available at the side of the post editor box. If the tag doesn't exist there then that tag does not work in the Combine forums. The Combine forums themselves are custom made so they don't follow the standard bbCode set up. Chances are when a new forum system is made (which can't happen until Combine moves to GIT) that the available tags will be expanded.

As for using the font tag, there are multiple options. For size you'd need to add size=x after font where x is a number between 1 and 10 if I remember right. The color parameter for the font tag does not appear to work in Combine, however.

An example of the tag would be:
<font size=5 font>Test</font>

This will give the result of:

Test

Color param does work. Forum is wonky if you use Hex codes though. Once you Edit your post, the hex code disappears and is replaced by "color" so double check that stuff. Regular "red" style colors work though.

EDIT: What's the character that lets you use html without it being parsed?

Edited By: Kay Dallben on Year 15 Day 104 14:01

Strange. When I tried to use color it entirely ignored it. Anyway, Kay, you have to use the websafe character codes located here.

That's got to smarts.
Ruben Wan

Yep, I was referring exactly at the codes that I see on the right of my edit box now.

The examples don't include any parameter for "font", however, this is why I was asking what is available and what is not.

Also, I typed the tags in my first post with spaces not to be parsed, and instead they disappeared completely. Good to know for the future.

Usually there is the bbCode "code" for avoiding codes being parsed. I cannot see that tag available in the SWC forums, though.
But since Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson has just been able to do it, showing me the "font size" example, I ask too: what is the tag that is not listed in the right list and that allows you to show tags without being parsed? :D

Please, of course. :D

Ruben Wan
KuTBv1W.png

The forums don't really use bbcode - we only have the two listed when you reply/make a new thread (the quote and stamp commands). Everything else comes under the HTML coding. I suggest you look up HTML commands as it will tell you how to add fonts etc to the font command so you can do what you want. However be aware that not all the HTML commands are available for use in these forums as some have been locked out for exploits or other reasons.

Ellias_sig6.png

Ruben, you have to use the HTML safe characters codes I linked in my previous post for the carrots.

That's got to smarts.
Ruben Wan

Dang, I always believed they were all bbCode tags. :-S

Now that I know they are HTML it is surely easier, thank you.

In fact, only now I realise that "HTML ON" means they are html tags.

To reply to Kay Dallben's and my second question, Varlathotep Al`Jormungandr Ragnvaldansson has used a trick. To avoid the "<" being parsed as start of html tags, she used "ampersand + lt;" and the same for "ampersand + gt;".

On the first time you post, they are converted but not parsed. If you edit your post, however, they are already converted into "<" therefore they will be parsed as start/end of a html tag.

:-)

Thank you all for your replies,

Ruben

Edited By: Ruben Wan on Year 15 Day 105 12:19

Ruben Wan
KuTBv1W.png