187 are online

Year

Day

Time

23:41:42

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 108 4:04
I'm currently on board a YT-1300, with a Volume Capacity of 50m^3.
Somebody attempted to load 45 Crates, each with a volume of 1.0 m^3 (according to the rules page, and as far as I can ever remember this has always been correct) on board my YT-1300, yet found that it was only possible to load 33.

What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Eli

Edited By: Eli Descartes on Year 15 Day 108 4:04
Year 15 Day 108 4:19
They may take the volume of the items inside, rather than the 1 m3 listed on the rules.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 108 13:26
Xakic Jix

was it the volume that was to much or the weight?

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 109 0:50
@Ellias: That certainly seems to fit the more I look at it. I took an item or two out of their crates and equipped them for arguments sake and the used Volume decreased slightly.

@Xakic: Definitely Volume.

Edited By: Eli Descartes on Year 15 Day 109 0:50
Year 15 Day 109 10:40
kinda a dumb way for that to work, a solid metal crate should get heavier the more you put in it, but the crate should not grow bigger

Year 15 Day 109 17:19
I think the idea was that they are shrink-wrap style crates - at least that is the reasoning when the cargo crates changed how they worked.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 109 20:06
lightsabers, spaceships, hyper speed travel, all sorts of other highly advanced technology and we use saran wrap to package our goods :P

Year 15 Day 110 4:55
Ben Camden

No, we use some sort of super advanced, indestructible, material that is capable of keeping everything stored in pristine condition forever and magically adapts its size to the contents (and can be created out of thing air)...

:-P

gold1.gifRGC-3.pnggold2.gif
Senior Governor Ben Camden
Regional Government
Year 15 Day 110 6:50
I do find it funny that Cargo Containers (items/Droids) are supposedly 50kg and 1m3 and yet have a volume capacity of 8.5 m3. They're lesser Bags of Holding!

A single crate of A295s (7x 5.5kg each , 7*0.5m3 each) should have a mass of 38.5kg + the weight of the Container, and a volume of no less than 3.5m3.

I think the server just uses MIN(8.5,VolumeOfContents) for the volume of the Cargo Container, and the weight is the 50KG per Container.

Year 15 Day 110 7:43
No, we use some sort of super advanced, indestructible, material that is capable of keeping everything stored in pristine condition forever and magically adapts its size to the contents (and can be created out of thing air)...

:-P 

Sounds like Easytoobtainium

May your path be swift, and your pockets heavy:
Signatures.png

6kXRT.png
Year 15 Day 110 12:58
The gist I'm getting is that the Cargo Container in fact adapts its volume to take into account the items inside it. This has obviously changed since the last time I moved any quantity of items, anyway :p

Many thanks for all of your help!

Year 15 Day 110 18:44
Kendall Holm

Think of it as a custom crate made to go around the items. Kind of like how they do it in real life from time to time to ship items.

SWC3dsUser.png