Year

Day

Time

11:13:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 114 1:59
Phex Krieg

In the rules, it says that if you decide to fight against arrest, you use strength as primary skill and projectile/non-projectile as secondary skill. What if you are a force sensitive and your lightsaber combat skill is higher than your projectile/non-projectile? Does it take into account your lightsaber combat skill? If not, why?

Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness.
Year 15 Day 114 2:18
Christian Hall

We've been told that it does take the LSC skill into account.

Year 15 Day 114 12:00
You were also told that combat uses LSC skill when in fact it uses NPW since LSC implementation is broken, so this might be something Mikel or another coder should confirm. :p

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 114 12:55
Thought that he did, in thread where it was suggested that LSC skill should be counted for A/E?

Here:

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=60405&page=4

Edited By: J`dej An`k on Year 15 Day 114 13:03
Year 15 Day 140 20:33
I remember reading that thread. It went on for a while.

I personally like the concept of arrest and execute. I know the system currently isn't perfect. But I still think there should be a type of arrest and execute system, one that will work in harmony with the new combat system.

Year 15 Day 140 22:31
The current plan is that there will be, but that it will require you to knock your target unconscious first.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 141 11:44
Like most things in the combine, "it should work this way"

Year 15 Day 141 19:09
So force sensatives, will they be very hard to capture?

I mean it should be, given that they are, well force sensitive. Laser fire deflection, the power of the force... I would expect jedi and sith to be prime targets when this system is finally here, making it harder for them.

Would this new system make it close to impossible for a single enemy to take on a sith or a jedi? I mean, I understand luck has to play in it, everyone has their bad days. Luck aside, would a low level jedi be able to beat a higher level enemy?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110508222217/starwars/images/c/c2/Amy_Pronovost_Tekli.jpg
Year 15 Day 141 19:33
Our ground combat system is largely in place already.. you can test it out against bandits/creatures, or on Derra against other players as opponents, so you can see for yourself. It all depends on skill allocation, gear, and the party/squads/allies each side brings in. 1v1 is really not a common situation since most combat oriented characters will at least have their party with them. If you're hoping for overpowered force users, you'll be disappointed, though. Force abilities tend to have a long cooldown and largely perform functions that can also be performed by non-force users with items.

The "new system" only refers to A/E, which will require the target to be knocked unconscious via the existing combat system prior to arrest.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 142 3:09
Xakic Jix

So force sensatives, will they be very hard to capture?

I mean it should be, given that they are, well force sensitive. Laser fire deflection, the power of the force... I would expect jedi and sith to be prime targets when this system is finally here, making it harder for them.

Would this new system make it close to impossible for a single enemy to take on a sith or a jedi? I mean, I understand luck has to play in it, everyone has their bad days. Luck aside, would a low level jedi be able to beat a higher level enemy? 

There was many cases in the books where siths, jedis, and dark jedis got caught and killed by battle hardened warriors that was not FS. A few different mandos was known to be jedi hunters, as well as general grievous who killed several jedis. Just because one is FS does not mean they are gods of the galaxy. I find it hard to believe that a lvl 1 FS would be unstoppable to a lvl 50 regular warrior in the galaxy.

I would also hope that the FS skills would come into play in combat as well. As in a FS that is just trained in healing and force shoving would not be that hard to kill, opposed to a FS that is trained in force lightning or some other combat force skill.

Also on another note. What happens to the force abilities of a FS lost soul? Are the still FS as a NPC or are they just a regular NPC once they drop their FS PC?

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 142 11:16
NPCs can't use force abilities.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 143 9:32
(yet)

(Goes back to programming roaming bands of Dark Jedi)

Year 15 Day 143 11:55
Never ever

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 143 13:12
Although force wielding npcs would be good for quests.

Year 15 Day 144 8:12
Kuro Neko

... especially if they dropped lightsabers when killed ...

RSani002.gif
There is no god but Ara... All will walk his path...
The Faithful of Ara <--- (Warning: music link)
Year 15 Day 146 16:40
at least a lightsaber part that people could use for LS construction might be nice