Year

Day

Time

00:36:35

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Creature drop rate for bigger creatures
I've been hunting some huge sized creatures for a little bit now and killed a fair number of them. However I have yet to see any drops, eggs or trophies. Now I realise that eggs are a lot rarer for the larger creatures, but does that affect the normal trophy drops too? I would of expected at least one trophy to have dropped from the 20-30 creatures I have killed so far, so am I just hitting that illusionary probability wall or are others having issues getting drops?

Ellias_sig6.png
Raidan Spike

All wild creatures and bandit NPCs have a 5% chance of dropping an item when they are killed.

- The Guide: Hunting

Is this what you are looking for?

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
It's just bad luck. Only egg chance is reduced for larger creatures.

swcforumsig

Elias, I've gathered quite a few Rancor teeth, a good number of Acklay claws, a Krayt Drgon pearl, as well as Vractyl feathers and even a Space Slug tooth or two.

They're dropping, just not very often.

Edited By: Belloq Tull on Year 15 Day 121 15:26

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Hmm, must just be that probability wall I'm hitting then. Ah well. Off to wipe out even more populations of creatures, just gotta let the guys know not to shoot the important parts of the creatures.

Ellias_sig6.png
Just b/c I can't remember the answer, colossal creatures are the only ones not To drop eggs, right?

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Yep.

Ellias_sig6.png
I still don't like that. Slugs, sure, ... But c'mon, it would be epic to have a dragon.

jesbDYa.jpg

Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
Jesfa

I spawned a single Krayt Dragon back when I was actively on Derra testing things with some of the other admins. They're strong, but they can still die easier than I'd like, given the obscene cost one would be.

LoraxSig3copy.png