Year

Day

Time

20:39:42

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 152 5:49
Raidan Spike

When in the scanner page while on terrain, if I click on a bandit's avatar, a nice little javascript thingy pops up showing his/her loadout. However, it sometimes appears, and other times it doesn't no matter how much I click. Which I find most annoying. Is there any range restriction that I should be aware of, or is this a technical problem on my side? If the latter, any ideas how to fix it?

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 15 Day 152 9:01
It shows up anytime you can see them on your scanner, regardless of range. You could try reopening your browser if it isn't working. When the bandit fitouts aren't showing up, you can also try clicking on yourself to see if your own fitout works for some reason, to try to troubleshoot.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 152 14:37
Raidan Spike

Re-opening the browser doesn't do anything for me. I can see my own and my party's fitouts, but the bandits still show nothing.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 15 Day 152 16:22
Caeda Rastyk

I was under the impression you had to be in range with a sensor pack, not just in range scanner wise.

Year 15 Day 153 5:52
Raidan Spike

I experimented with range today and found that I have to be within my personal sensor range (with or without macros) for the pop-up to work. Anything outside of my personal range, but that I could see with shared sensors, did not show the pop-up. MSPs had no affect on the situation besides allowing sensor sharing.

I'm interested to know if this deduction is correct, and if so, is this the way it is intended to work? It does have a significant impact the usefulness of the perception skill in my opinion.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 15 Day 153 12:23
Caeda Rastyk

My personal scanner range isn't the entire square, but I have no issue scanning load outs. I do however have four scouts with MSPs that reach the whole square.