Year

Day

Time

06:18:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 164 22:40
Christian Hall

Just wanted to check and see if trapping someone in a ship, or arresting someone was still against the rules if they are in the Derra system.

Also, what's the rule on "deathmatches"? If two parties agree that whoever loses a fight gets A&E'd would that be allowed?

Year 15 Day 165 5:01
Arresting isn't against the rules because I believe it shouldn't be possible. I thought the devs made Derra so that nobody could be arrested in the first place, making the entire concept moot.

Trapping someone on a ship, no idea if thats against the rules or not.

Year 15 Day 165 12:20
Kendall Holm

I dont see trapping as being against the rules as you have to put yourself in that position in the first place. Plus factions do it all the time. You should always use some critical thinking when boarding some other entities ship or vehicle.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 165 12:20
Kendall Holm

I dont see trapping as being against the rules as you have to put yourself in that position in the first place. Plus factions do it all the time. You should always use some critical thinking when boarding some other entities ship or vehicle.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 165 14:53
Caeda Rastyk

The issue is that it was afainst the rules at one point though, has that actually changed or not?

Year 15 Day 165 15:19
Kendall Holm

I never seen it in the rules. Pirates used to kidnap people in this fashion for more than 7 years since I first joined

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 165 15:41
Christian Hall

It was announced in a sim news post almost immediately after Derra became a thing.
Trapping was against the rules there because it'd discourage people from going there, which would slow down how much data the asims got from pvp.

Just wondering if that's still in effect.

Year 15 Day 165 19:25
Kendall Holm

Here is the post http://www.swcombine.com/community/simnews/index.php?display=2&postID=22236

You can fill out a ticket. Make sure to tell them if they intentionally tricked you into boarding their entity

Edited By: Kendall Holm on Year 15 Day 165 19:36

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 15 Day 166 1:23
For the record, the restrictions on A/E and trapping were not lifted on Derra because it is still a testing ground.

That said, if both parties consent to the situation, it seems improbable for the admins to hear of any complaints and subsequently reverse the events, but this does open up the possibility of one side pretending to consent and then turning around and having it reversed later if it suits them.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 166 20:46
Christian Hall

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks Kendall and Syn.