Year

Day

Time

15:13:34

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Public Custom Image with No large image
I have noticed on several occasions when attempting to exchange CP's for PCI that there is No large Image to go with small image. For instance the Combat Armor has small image with camo But no large image to accompany it . Will there ever be attempt to fix this or is it to small a detail to worry about ?

Alex Racer, CEO
Architect & Civil Engineer
TerraTech Ventures

<"Setting the Standards of doing Business in the Galaxy "
mystats.php?uid=c10098
Ichiru Hanabusa

public customs are submitted by people, so if they didnt add one there wont be one

Alex,

you can always check for both image sizes before applying.
All you have to do is:
- copy image location
- paste it in your browser
- exchange "small" with "large"

To demonstrate on your example:

- http://custom.swcombine.com/static/12/71/34-30404-1343898578-small.png - existant
- http://custom.swcombine.com/static/12/71/34-30404-1343898578-large.png - non existant

I hope this helps.

In my humble opinion, there should always be both images when submitting a public custom image. I submitted one so far and I made both images. It always seemed as a right thing to do, at least to me.

I'm sure that Art Team members can shed some light on the matter.

Will there ever be attempt to fix this or is it to small a detail to worry about ? 

Not by the Art Team, we have a little to do with public customs as is practically possible. Public custom are entirely in the hands of the public. If someone does not wish to submit a large, that is their choice.

In my humble opinion, there should always be both images when submitting a public custom image. 

Again, that is for the artist of the image and the community to decide, we never have and have no intention of forcing people to submit large images in the custom process.

I use Dail's example workaround to check the public images. I've never actually applied one, but there it is.

You could suggest that there be some kind of more obvious transparency on the Entity page, or elsewhere, as to whether the image ALSO has a large size or just the small one.

It would be nice to have the larges work like they do in inventory, but its not possible as the larges and smalls are not linked. And adding them to rules would just clutter the page too much.

Aren't they linked in Naming convention as Dail mentioned? I mean.. you'd be submitting them both at once, so they'd be linked anyway, no?

Perhaps, but the system doesn't recognize them as being linked like it does to customs that are applied. its how I was described the system when it was implemented.

Thanks for all input , Have a better understanding now

Alex Racer, CEO
Architect & Civil Engineer
TerraTech Ventures

<"Setting the Standards of doing Business in the Galaxy "
mystats.php?uid=c10098