Day

Time

06:15:16

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Page 1 2
Year 15 Day 226 10:54
Samuel Ashen

if someone have level 2 in one of hes stats and implants Cybernetic upgrade that will increase the stat to level 4 will it take 2 skill points to upgrade to level 5 later on or will it take 4 points to upgrade to level 5 after the implant?

Don't remember if I discovered new system or not but question is if you arrive in the system you detect the undiscovered planet the same as discovered one outside the sensor range or should it be in sensor range to discover it?

ashen.png
Year 15 Day 226 12:36
Hey there, Uncle Sammy!

1) As I understand it, if your cyber implant raises a score to X, then raising your score to the next level will take whatever points it takes to go from X to the next level. In your case, if you have a 2 skill and then have a cyber implant installed, raising it to a 4, then you'll need 4 points to increase that skill from a 4 to a 5. So it's best to wait until you have a 3 skill, where the implant will raise it to a 5.

2) Planets, solar bodies and asteroids don't need to be within your scanning range. As soon as you enter a system with those elements in them, you'll know it. You can test this by entering any system with a planet and sun: notice that you may not be able to see ships outside your scanning range, but the planets and such all show up regardless.

Good luck finding that new system!

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 15 Day 226 13:07

Absolutely wrong Belloq.

Having a cyber unit installed will NOT change the amount of points needed for the next level. You will need 2 points to go from 4 to 5 if you have the cyber unit installed.

CyberSkillsexample_zpsc2b8371f.png

edit: fixed image

Edited By: Jay Ceveri on Year 15 Day 226 13:08
Year 15 Day 227 2:57
When adding points to skills, forget the Cybernetics. Always looks at the Base level, it is the level you will be raising with the Skill Points. Cybernetics will not affect the cost and always add +2 to it.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Year 15 Day 274 2:14
When the removal of cybercnetics will be implanted (roughly)?
Because if you get a faulty then your are capped at strength at 4 (if the character has max strength) and you can't upgraded more to reach the optimum 5.

Sig600x300_zps62a05ccb.jpg
Year 15 Day 274 7:50
Kyran Caelius

I dream a dream, that that day will come Okrim.

gif
Year 15 Day 274 13:58
All cybernetics can be removed except for the faulty cyber. That was intentional.

Year 15 Day 275 6:06
So a failure and the players have to stay for the rest of his character life capped in 3skills?
I will prefer to be able to max them back to 5 (that's 12 points from levelling up) or remove the faulty and the character never be able to do a cybercnetics surgery.

Also the rules say that a failure its impossible to remove it "at this time".
That's why im asking if there a possibility and that's what i have been told also.

Year 15 Day 275 11:19
Failure isn't the same as a faulty cybernetic. The faulty cybernetic is a crit fail. Only 10% of failures are crit fails. That's a risk of having a free skill boost installed, and there's a bright red box on the cybernetics rules page indicating as much.

The rules are correct; they are impossible to remove at this time. No specific plans were made for ever removing them. That doesn't mean it will never happen, only that it was not planned for implementation through the present. It's a "maybe someday, but no guarantee." If you "have been told" otherwise you might want to cite your sources so we can track down the source of misunderstanding, but unless it was by someone involved in development, it's probably not a source that has accurate information. There's no shortage of inaccurate information floating around in SWC. :p

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 275 11:59
I get that most of the time that the rules are either incorrect or outdated, but the rules do say:

Faulty cybernetics are defective cybernetics that have been fused to the user making it impossible at this time to remove them. 

Surely this implies that at a time which isn't this time, there will be opportunities to remove them. Maybe at a chance of greater risk / cost? Otherwise, a less misleading version of the rules would be:

Faulty cybernetics are defective cybernetics that have been fused to the user making it impossible to ever remove them. 

Di8DPmZ.gif
Ezekiel 23:19-20
Year 15 Day 275 17:18
That's equally misleading for the same reason.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 275 17:42
Can't you pay more SPs to bring the levels to 5?

MeandMine.png

Year 15 Day 275 18:16
Aye, the current wording is confusing and implies that in the future it will be changed. Why include that wording at all? Simply use:

"Faulty cybernetics are defective cybernetics that have been fused to the user."

No confusion then at all.

Year 15 Day 275 19:38
Lilith - even if you raise your skill level to 5, the negative modifier is applied afterward. So no matter how high you raise it it will never be able to be maxed.

Year 15 Day 275 20:57
There is a way to remove faulty cybernetics. But you lose everything else, as well.

Year 15 Day 276 0:35
Ah fair enough, just thought you might be able to go to level 7 because you'd have it brought down to 5.

MeandMine.png

Year 15 Day 276 5:38
Nope, because cybernetics dont actually change your skill level. They just alter it like most rpg equipment does.

Year 15 Day 276 7:05
Thanks for the helpful answers. I guess if there is any chance for faulty removal, even when there is not plans at all, we will have to play the waiting game or push the issue at the suggestion forum.

Either way we have to move on but i think misleading descriptions of rules can't exist in swc so word play or not we have to give the opportunity to the players with faulty be back at normal at least.

Year 15 Day 276 8:36
Kyran Caelius

Part of my comfort in going the cybernetics route was that, in the event of a faulty, there would be an ability to remove it at some point, purely because the wording at this time. That insinuates that at some further point, there will be a way to remove the faulty cybernetic. SWC is in flux, and one must understand that when making any decisions (e.g. TPs). However, we generally are very careful not to promise anything which is explicitly untrue or not yet guaranteed, and this wording seems a departure from that usual behavior.

gif
Year 15 Day 276 13:14
I wouldn't say that rules page phrasing inaccuracies are anything new for SWC, but I already rephrased it the other day for next sync.

swcforumsig

Page 1 2