Year

Day

Time

20:41:04

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 273 1:51
Raidan Spike

Hi everyone, just a quick query. When signing up for an official WS, is it illegal to register as being a race you are not? My initial reaction when I just saw a case of this was 'No, definetely not', as WSs are entirely IC.

However, if one was going to RP their transition due to Derra virus, but had changed their race in Darkness before the scenario started, what should they register as? Their old race or new race or make a note of what is going on for clarity?

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 15 Day 273 7:30
I do believe the race should stay whatever the scenario began with them as, since they would not have suddenly caught it in the middle of the scenario.

Year 15 Day 273 7:53
I've taken the position in the past, and hopefully have remained consistent, that White Scenarios are 'snapshots in time'. As such, whatever your race, skills, darkness equipment, etc. at the time of starting the WS should remain consistent for the duration of the WS.

I would likely say, as a rule of thumb, whatever race/equipment/etc. you are/have when you Sign In is what you need to use for the duration of the WS. - This isn't the Sign Up in the Scenario Requests portion, but actually the Sign-In thread within the WS subsection where you declare strengths, weaknesses, race, equipment, ships, etc.

It's also on that Rule of Thumb basis that I am fine with people whose character has died in Darkness finishing off a White Scenario as their old character, notwithstanding they will get no XP for it.

Year 15 Day 273 13:03
When signing up, it is indeed illegal to register as a race you are not, at the time of sign up. You are your darkness character. You can rp the change in the scenario if it happened in swc if you like, if it makes sense to the time line, but you may want to discuss it with the gm.

Edited By: Syn on Year 15 Day 273 13:05

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 273 14:41
Raidan Spike

Thank you everyone for your answers. Should cases of this be reported, or simply left to the WS mods to find and deal with?

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 15 Day 273 15:00
Report to the mod assigned to that scenario, or to roan axios if one hasn't been assigned yet. But remember that it's at the time of sign up, so if they are still playing as the race they were when they signed up, even if they had a change since, it's okay.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 301 18:19
I just kinda went through this, as when I signed up I was one race, then it changed before the WS began. So I RP'd the process, which was probably really boring for the other participants to read, if they even bothered to do so.

I think to sign up as one race and then RP as another is just, not only as Syn pointed out against the rules, just silly. If you don't like your character, drop it and play another?

"The stars in your eyes are just shattered glass. And those dolls on the shelf become the men in the gutter. Never asked no one for life, but here you are in someone else's world. Sleep, little one sleep. I'll never sleep that way again until I die."
Year 15 Day 301 18:54
You really don't need to bump 4 week old threads that were already answered

swcforumsig