183 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:04:29

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 303 15:22
Obi Wan and Yoda both vanished at time of death, but Vader/Anikin's body was around long enough to burn.

How do we determine who vanishes and who sticks around?

Year 15 Day 303 15:26
How do you know Vader's body was still around? It may have just been the cybernetic parts that remained.

Year 15 Day 303 15:29
well, we didn't see him disappear when Luke watched him die face to face, right?

Year 15 Day 303 17:14
I thought none of those people existed in our universe.

Year 15 Day 303 21:54
They don't. What's this got to do with SWC?

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 304 0:33
Weren't there used to be rules for Force Ghosts?

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 15 Day 304 0:33
I guess it might be relevant for force users that roleplay their deaths, or their masters' deaths or something...

It appeared that Yoda and Ben chose to move on, where Vader had just had an awakening and was fighting it. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Not sure if Lucas had it all worked out, or if he just thought it would look cool for guys to vanish. Also, recall that the two who disappeared would reappear as apparitions, and Anakin didn't until they redid Jedi..

"The stars in your eyes are just shattered glass. And those dolls on the shelf become the men in the gutter. Never asked no one for life, but here you are in someone else's world. Sleep, little one sleep. I'll never sleep that way again until I die."
Year 15 Day 304 1:16
Force ghosts don't exist in SWC. The references to it were removed from the rules pages a long time ago. It's not coming back.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 304 4:41
My interest is writing some more research papers for the Scholar's Guild. I know its not *directly* SWC-related, or Darkness-related. Is burial or cremation more appropriate in the SW Universe?

Year 15 Day 304 8:11
Ruben Wan

There is nothing "more appropriate to SW," since the "canon" sources covered almost any possibility. Also, we are a community of roleplayers who enjoy the sci-fi environment of Star Wars. SWC is the sum of what we like to do, and there is nothing "more appropriate to SWC" either.

If there is someone or a group whose tradition and usages is to cremate a body, that is fine. Burying corpses is also fine. Both are "more appropriate to SW and SWC" and none is more appropriate than the other.

With the wealth of different sentient races, it is very likely each race has its own traditions and good reasons to act like this instead of that.

Ruben Wan
KuTBv1W.png

Year 15 Day 304 17:13
If you're writing an IC article, your best shot would be to contact different groups (religious groups are probably a good start, along with racial/cultural groups) and see what they would advocate IC. This board is for OOC information though so we can't help you here directly.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 304 20:10
Ok. That you all very much for your time.

Year 15 Day 305 1:01
This also seems something that might be ICly different for every planet and regions/city of planets.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--