179 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:20:34

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 322 11:30
Currently we can assign anyone to operate any facility, without their permission, without them having to be in your faction etc., and the same person can operate hundreds of thousands of facilities.
This arrangement seems rather strange in my opinion, so I was wondering if this is how the feature is intended to work, or if we can expect changes at some point?

«Whale you have a drink with me?»
Gorgo Dax, Freelancer Extraordinaire
Top Customer #Bart's-Bar
Year 15 Day 322 13:35
Working as intended. They can unassign facilities from themselves or report people for abuse but it has never been a problem.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 322 14:41
It's not a problem. It's just silly.

Top Customer #Bart's-Bar
Year 15 Day 322 15:37
Thali`a N`ightshade

In some respects it is kind of people with Level 5 to offer free of charge, so that people can make a decent income from their facilities. For the most part they want to help but they don't need to be bogged down with endless DMs asking them if it is OK, so they just say it is in the forums.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 15 Day 322 16:19
I think you're both focusing on the wrong thing here. My issue isn't with the fact that you can assign anyone without their permission. My issue is that it's silly because:

a) You can assign anyone, complete outsiders, strangers, perhaps even your arch-nemesis to operate your faction facilities, just because they have a high dip/trading skill. It seems obvious to me that the person should have to be in the faction whose facilities they are operating.

b) A single person can operate millions of facilities, all over the galaxy, and it takes them literally no time at all. This is just completely unrealistic.

Top Customer #Bart's-Bar
Year 15 Day 322 17:18
There have been suggestions in the past to offset the ridiculousness of it, however for ease of gameplay and to avoid too much micromanaging, it wasn't taken any further.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 322 17:34
Xakic Jix

Looks like some one just feels like complaining about something trivial.

mystats.php?uid=c8664

Year 15 Day 322 19:39
You are absolutely right. I just wanted to know if it works as intended, and did not mean to drag it into a discussion. Case closed.

Top Customer #Bart's-Bar