Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 15 Day 360 22:59
How do I send merge faction requests?

FF_Krios_Sig.png

Krios Malana
Director Falleen Naval Contracts
Year 15 Day 361 0:15
From the rules: Faction mergers are currently disabled and cannot be done at this time.

Edited By: Syn on Year 15 Day 361 0:15

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 361 7:25
Any chance they can be performed with admin-help?

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 15 Day 361 9:51
I checked with Erek and apparently that isn't an option.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 362 13:06
The only way would be to manually merge. Send all assets and dissolve one faction.

xvflKAn_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Year 15 Day 362 14:10
Thank you for your replies.

ORE-Vip-Fortuna.png
Year 15 Day 362 17:27
What happens if both factions have DCs that you would like to keep? Would we be able to get admins to move the DCs over to the final faction and then merge the rest manually?

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 363 10:14
No, the admins won't move DCs; that was what I asked Erek about.

swcforumsig

Year 15 Day 363 18:15
That is annoying - faction mergers were/are a feature of the game to allow us to move DCs between factions. Means we would have to man 2 factions when realistically we should only need to man 1.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 15 Day 363 19:19
While that is true, it's also the case that with mergers it is theoretically possible for a single faction to end up in charge of nearly all datacards of that faction type, which is unreasonable and detrimental to gameplay. If it does end up reenabled, there may be some modifications made, but I haven't heard any plans to reenable it anytime soon.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 3 3:46
Is it possible to get a link to the Sim News of this feature disablement please?
I can't seem to find it.

Year 16 Day 3 8:29
Cait Catra

It happened several years ago, didn't it?

"It never ceases to amaze me, the things that very small people can find to make themselves feel very big."
Year 16 Day 3 9:52
Something like that. It's pretty clearly stated on the rules page, and digging through Sim News archives is not my idea of a productive expenditure of time. :p

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 3 16:04
But if it wasn't posted on the Sim News I can claim it is invalid and write a lengthy screed in opposition!

Year 16 Day 3 16:56
Right'o.
I was aware it was disabled but didn't expect it to remain that way permanently.

thanks for the reply.

Year 16 Day 3 18:51
Apparently back in 14.054 it was disabled Jesfa post.

Hmm I suppose that could be taken how you thought Syn with it being basically forever, but it seems me and Metyl (and probably a bunch of others) thought it was like everything else and just disabled for a bit because of some issues and would be brought back once time was available to fix it. Oh well.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 4 1:58
Wait, what? I neither said nor implied that the feature was was permanently disabled. I didn't even think it (although I think it's possible, but it's entirely uncertain and I haven't heard anything either way). The rules (that I quoted in my very first post) specify that it's "currently" disabled. I said that I hadn't heard of any plans to reenable it anytime soon, and that it's possible for the feature to undergo some modifications prior to being enabled. I'm not sure what part of that you read as "..and it's never coming back, suckers!"

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 4 4:28

I get it.

Year 16 Day 11 2:57
Deleted Post
Deleted by Selatos. Reason: Spam