Day

Time

06:57:42

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » bunch of questions from returner
Year 16 Day 28 21:51
Coming back after about 4 years (year 12) and i have a bunch of questions so bear with me…
1) with regards to combat, how many squads do people normally take? trying to figure out how important infantry command is (since i have a skill reset :) )
-also if someone wanted to give me advise for a squad armament that would be helpful B)

2) again combat/stealth?… i noticed a lot of NPC military bundles include Macro Binoculars, what are these used for?

3) Everything is at a much lower cost now ship wise at least (YV-666 around 40 mil before i left and now i see them going for 18) what is the reason for this?

have to say one of the most surprising thing since coming was how few faction categories there were! pretty crazy still getting used to that one.

Thanks,

Zenon Bane

mystats.php?uid=c3946
Year 16 Day 28 22:09
1) with regards to combat, how many squads do people normally take?

Thats really up to you. Since combat is really only available on Derra in full, squads don't matter as much as they will. I would say it depends on how much you plan to utilize ground combat.

2) again combat/stealth?… i noticed a lot of NPC military bundles include Macro Binoculars, what are these used for?

Macro binoculars increase your perception +5.

3) Everything is at a much lower cost now

Tax planets were nerfed, and therefore the amount of incoming credits dropped dramatically. So people had less to spend, meaning the economy deflated fairly rapidly.

For faction categories we really didn't remove that many, just enough to make some of the existing ones less useless/specialized to an absurd degree.

Year 16 Day 28 22:11
Aside from beta testing on Derra, you can only fight with the NPCs currently in your party and not with your additional squads. Infantry command is popular for letting you set more squads to patrol for XP, to level them up. For riflemen, ELGs (great firepower) and A295s (good range options) are pretty popular, as are bowcasters (inexpensive and all around decent). For melee, vibroblades are likely the most common.

Macrobinoculars improve your vision range on a square; great for scouts if you leave them scattered around terrain so that you can see all the spawns on the square without needing to explore it yourself.

Nearly all prices are currently dropping because taxes were removed. Taxes previously provided an input of many billions of credits into the game each month without any real output balance. With that removed, there isn't quite as much disposable income floating around anymore so people aren't paying as much for assets any longer.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 28 22:29
Thanks for the fast replays!

how long ago was tax taken out? IE has the market stabilized or should i horde all my credits?

also im assuming anything bigger than a heavy freighter is a CAP ship and anything smaller is a freighter or fighter. is this correct?

Thanks, i appreciate the help

mystats.php?uid=c3946
Tax removal was over a year ago or so. But no, it hasn't quite stabilized yet and prices are still dropping, although there are a lot of efforts to build for facility income now, so perhaps once those incomes stabilize, the prices will all reach some general equilibrium. The decrease has certainly slowed.

Yes, you're correct about the ship type classifications; corvette and up is considered capital ship.

swcforumsig

Well, technically tax hasn't been removed entirely as it is now just a percentage of what FI the planet makes. However that is so insignificant that isn't really worth it.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 29 13:29
It's 100% gone. The nerfed functionality has been broken for a very long time.

swcforumsig