Day

Time

13:57:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Repackaging droids and custom images
Nilbert Dulbin

I had 5 droids that I picked up which had custom images, but I didn't have enough room for them, so I had to repackage them to be able to load them on my ship. When I unpacked them again, both their custom images and their names were gone. Was that supposed to happen?

Yes. Because of the way crating works, it deletes the items and creates new ones when you unpack. Since custom images are linked to id and the droids now have a new id, they no longer have a custom image. It is just unfortunate.

Ellias_sig6.png
Nilbert Dulbin

Fair enough, thanks.

Theofan Maercan

I may be wrong, but I thought this was fixed some time ago (a year or more). I never tried it myself but I have the memory of a sim news saying that packaging and repackaging items would not cause custom images to be deleted.. or bay it just works for items and not droids.

nnRa5oO_zpsb8bee7b6.png
Kendall Holm

No not currently. When you crate things it literally deletes them. There is no fix as its beyond the system we have. We would have to implement something to remember what was custommed to what.

SWC3dsUser.png
Ill be honest Theo, I don't remember that being fixed.

I can confirm that items are reset too, that's why we put warnings on our custom CPA sets sales. If customers uncrate them they should not recrate.

AbraariToID.png
Theofan Maercan

Not sure why I thought that then, oh well.

nnRa5oO_zpsb8bee7b6.png
so is it just crates that you shouldn't put customs into?

what about cape or belt or gravity sled will customs be lost if they are stored in any of these places?

The Bug Out..

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Thali`a N`ightshade

I assume they are fine Kray. I havent lost an image from stowing. Just the same as you don't lose a ship custom from docking it in another etc. More to do with repacking than stowing.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Roger that thanks Thali'a

The Bug Out..

Ever Light Transportation

#DacLive'sMatter!!!!

sig.jpg

Repackaging actually deletes the physical item, as opposed to storing the item inside something. This helps keep those 500 bacta patches from overloading the travel screen, scanners, db etc. So when the item is deleted its corresponding ID is also deleted. hence the loss of the custom, as they are linked via ID.