199 are online

Year

Day

Time

04:48:13

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 92 5:14
As combat is right around the corner-ish, is there any ways to recieve an alert or notification when unknown ships (or any ships at all) enter ones system and is spotted by satellites?

This might be a function which I have over looked though. But this would be crucial in planetary/system defense. The whole point of having security factions and defensive forces.

Edited By: Zrosh Echas on Year 16 Day 92 5:15

sig-ZE_zpsqi87nra4.png~original
For all RP lovers, join our RP Training Group *LINK*
Year 16 Day 92 7:49
Kendall Holm

They cannot currently.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 16 Day 92 7:55
Would this be something that will be included as combat is implemented?

Year 16 Day 92 8:50
Lan Artemis Morbus

http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=67092&page=0

img.php
Year 16 Day 92 23:40
"As combat is right around the corner-ish,"

....... don't count on ship combat being any closer than years.

Year 16 Day 93 3:22
So the whole point of ships defending from invaders will not be implemented at the same time as people can start invading your planets. So we have to sit and watch as 'x' amounts of transport ships arrive in system and make their way down to our cities while we sit, 'oh look, an invading force. I wish I could shoot at them but hey, I have to wait until they unload on my planets surface and THEN fight them, yey!'

That will be fun...

Year 16 Day 93 5:00
Lan Artemis Morbus

Define "people can start invading your planet." Who said that was going to happen?

You're both assuming to much. Just stick with this picture.
targets2015.png

img.php
Year 16 Day 93 11:17
Lexor Gregain

Uhm... ship combat is not on this chart. Like Zrosh, I had assumed that ground combat would be implemented globally before any ship combat. The chart seemed to confirm that. Am I reading it wrong?

Year 16 Day 93 11:22
Lan Artemis Morbus

I would assume vehicle combat would include ships, since it does branch into Global Combat, just like Facility and Personal Combat. It wouldn't be global of not all forms of combat was implemented, now would it.

img.php
Year 16 Day 93 11:45
Lexor Gregain

Then I guess we're all assuming a little bit ;)
What you say sounds reasonable. It's just that Vehicles are listed under Ground Combat, along with facilities and persons, and nowhere do I see Space Combat, but I suppose it's included in Global Combat, like you say. Is it then safe to assume that ground combat will be limited to the Derra system until space combat is completed?

Year 16 Day 93 12:24
Lan Artemis Morbus

That, I'm not certain of. It is possible that ground combat will be released before space combat. However, if you concern is a fleet invading your planet, there are ways to prevent it that are already implemented.

img.php
Year 16 Day 93 12:55
Lexor Gregain

Not a personal concern at all, but it does bring us right back to this from the original poster:

So the whole point of ships defending from invaders will not be implemented at the same time as people can start invading your planets. So we have to sit and watch as 'x' amounts of transport ships arrive in system and make their way down to our cities while we sit, 'oh look, an invading force. I wish I could shoot at them but hey, I have to wait until they unload on my planets surface and THEN fight them, yey!'

That will be fun...

- Zrosh Echas

Year 16 Day 93 13:09
So basically, any planet without shields will be open for invasion.
And shields can be very complicated at some times, as I have had experience with myself. Being trapped inside because I used 5 min too much when picking up some stuff I bought. I was just hoping that some sort of ship combat would be introduced prior, or at the same time, as facility/ground combat. After all, they are like fingers on a glove. You wouldn't want to miss one on a cold day.

Not being able to have a fleet to protect from invaders (prompting ground combat) makes the whole current fleet acquirement and business obsolete except from transports like bulk freighters =/
What's the reason buying/producing hundreds of fighters, frigates and other gunships if their only functionality is RP and ... well... transportation I guess?

Well, now this is going from a question to a discussion. But I got my answer.

Functionality of defensive space elements to protect from invaders*: None.

*Except shield.

Edited By: Zrosh Echas on Year 16 Day 93 13:24

Year 16 Day 93 22:37
This has never been an intended feature of satellites.

Year 16 Day 94 17:40
Aturgot I`lihs

Notifying you that something is there is not an intended feature for satellites?

So they provide vision of entities, but don't notify you when they do?

Seems like lazy programming. I know....refer to the flowchart...people do this on their own time...etc...etc...

Should we not as a community for this game strive for excellence? Strive for new ideas?

Nah, lets just shoot them all down.

Anyway...

""As combat is right around the corner-ish,"

....... don't count on ship combat being any closer than years."

Ship combat will never come out unless SWC hires dedicated programmers. I don't mean to be a downer, but if they are overwhelmed and can't complete the game on a realistic time table, it's time to give up on this game having full global combat. It won't happen and I'm willing to bet on it.

I've been playing this game on and off 7 years and the only things to come out are Inventory 2.0 and creature combat.

Year 16 Day 94 17:57
We can't really pay programmers, so thats out. If you're so passionate about improving the game, why not become a programmer and help out the team push these ideas you want?

Year 16 Day 95 2:32
Zrosh, shields haven't prevented ascent for several months to a year now - the devs changed that a while back to prevent people being trapped on a planet.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 95 9:44
Question has been answered and this is just turning into pointless fighting. Please open a new thread if there are further questions.