255 are online

Year

Day

Time

19:56:20

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 116 19:29
Say, I've a Trunk placed in my Delta Shuttle. When I rummaging it to pick out my Force Pike, I noticed that the Trunk has some kind of usage limit, like 5/5. Not only Trunk, but also Small Backpack, Cargo Container, Engineer Vest, and Vertical Locker, although Engineer Vest has only 1/1 Use while Vertical Locker has 10/10 Uses. Well, that's the storage items. For clothing item like Clothing, it has 1/1 Use.

This link may be related to older post:
http://www.swcombine.com/forum/thread.php?thread=38109&page=0

If it's Bacta Patch and Gas Mask Refill, I think I can understand since they are disposable items (one-time use), and once they are used up, we have to make new ones. For Clothing, I think I can understand since it will deteriorate as the time passes by, but Trunk and the rest of storage items.

Well, my question is: is there any way to repair/restore used up or deteriorate item (0/5) into original state (like 5/5)? If yes, what are the requirements needed to do so? This question applies on storage and clothing items.

Well, that's all my question.

Edited By: Axpo Gyromex on Year 16 Day 116 19:35

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 16 Day 116 19:39
The "Uses" on nonconsumable items can be safely ignored. They can't run out, since you can't use the item, so they also can't be restored. The field will probably be removed from those items altogether at some point as they are a holdover from an earlier plan for items (and some may have been set mistakenly).

Consumable items (such as force detectors with 10 uses) that are intended to have uses and can be used up cannot be replenished. Once you use it up, it's gone.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 116 21:08
I've just made a listings of stuffs which contain both consumables and non-consumables:
1. All Armor Items
2. Clothing (clothing)
3. Guardian Flight Suit (clothing)
4. Guardian Flight Helmet (clothing)
5. Bacta Patch (medical)
6. Antidote (medical)
7. Bacta Refill (medical)
8. Healing Stick (medical)
9. Stimpack (medical)
10. Droid Parts (tool)
11. Force Detector (tool)

The "Uses" on nonconsumable items can be safely ignored. They can't run out, since you can't use the item, so they also can't be restored. The field will probably be removed from those items altogether at some point as they are a holdover from an earlier plan for items (and some may have been set mistakenly).

Consumable items (such as force detectors with 10 uses) that are intended to have uses and can be used up cannot be replenished. Once you use it up, it's gone.

- Syn

I'll make guessing or estimation about them then.

For armor items, it's clear that once they are severely damaged (0/10) they'll be destroyed since they can't be repaired, so we've to make new ones. Force Detector and Droid Parts are indeed have some limited usages. Bacta Refill and Bacta Patch are disposable items, which means we can't reuse/replenish/restore them after single use.

On the other hand, Clothing, Guardian Flight Suit, Guardian Flight Helmet are all non-consumable items, despite the number of usages they show (I can wear them as long as I want until my age reach 80 or so :-p). Antidote, Stimpack, and Healing Stick, despite their status as consumable items, they have rather unlimited usage (cool O3o, I can just carry and use forever only single Healing Stick, single Stimpack, and single Antidote in my inventory, without having them disposed off after certain number of usages >ω<).

Well, that's all my guessing/estimation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PS: I don't know whether items and entities in the Rules are up-to-date until now, since they were modified on Y16 D35.

Edited By: Axpo Gyromex on Year 16 Day 116 21:12

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 16 Day 116 21:52
No, armour is not consumable and won't break. The uses value will never change on them. The only items that have meaningful uses are consumables (like bacta items, which are consumed after one use and disappear) and specific tools like the force detector.

Stimpacks and antidotes don't have a decided function yet so we have no information on them at all at this time.

The uses value on all of the other items (clothing, armour) means nothing and will be removed at some point.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 116 22:38
Thanks a bunch for the answer and info you gave to me, as well as to other Sentients who are reading this post. Hopefully, the Stimpack and Antidote will be implemented soon. Wish luck for you all. :-)

Out Of Topic
New objectives acquired:
> Own 20 Trunks
> Own 20 Vertical Lockers
> Own 20 Cargo Containers

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 16 Day 117 1:32
I did make a list of those items for one of the ASims at the time to fix up and remove - obviously one of those things that got forgotten.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 117 2:41
I just checked them Drugs on the Rules. Ryll Pacth, Bacta Ryfill, and Death Stick don't have number of usages despite their implementation status, which makes me think that they must be disposable consumables.

Also, I read on the Rules that some Heavy Weapons require power from items (tool category) like Portable Power Fission Generator and Portable Power Fusion Generator. Those have 0/0 usages which means infinite. I don't know if it is a good idea to apply/implement max usage on those.

Edit: Added PPFiG and PPFuG in this matter

Edited By: Axpo Gyromex on Year 16 Day 117 5:11

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 16 Day 117 6:36
Ellias, I actually went through on dev and fixed most/all of these. Sel has to go through the item tables and ensure that nothing will break if we sync them over, since certain older asims added things directly to main instead of through dev.