2136 active members
  242 are online

Year

19

Day

263

Time

07:40:39

Guest
Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Interesting Morgukai Glaive dynamic
Glaive vs bladed weapon:

Zao Nephalem attacked 12 times with his Morgukai Glaive:
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 2 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 2 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 2 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 5 HP
- Hit Wrrl Urra for 2 HP




Glaive vs Glaive
Zao Nephalem attacked 12 times with his Morgukai Glaive:
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- Hit Piico SaNikto for No damage
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- Hit Piico SaNikto for No damage
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- Hit Piico SaNikto for No damage
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- *BAM CRITICAL* Hit Piico SaNikto for No damage
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP
- Hit Piico SaNikto for No damage
- *BAM CRITICAL* Hit Piico SaNikto for 1 HP

Both scenarios repeatable. Anyone else seeing this happen?

PC vs PC in derra.


Edited By: Zao Nephalem on Year 16 Day 134 6:01
____________

jesbDYa.jpg


Fights like Hurricane, Killing, Ecstasy, Insane.
The weapon your opponent is using doesn't matter; the armour is what matters. Presumably the second individual is fighting against someone with better armour.


____________

swcforumsig

Bambl Cata

Oh nice, need to start reading the sim news, so armour now gives damage reduction against each attack, rather than effectively providing an extra bit of HP per fire delay.

So against dudes with armour, a high number of attacks dealing low amounts of damage is not very effective since the change.

If he had CPA on (15 armour), it's gonna be (assuming you roll the max damage of 5):

damage = 5 x (1/(1+15)) = 0.3125

I think some weapons just became obsolete, unless you plan to reenact a pillow fight.


Edited By: Bambl Cata on Year 16 Day 134 22:06
Daehd Moroz

The Glaive has

Damage Type: Physical
Firepower: 1

not sure where the "a high number of attacks dealing low amounts of damage is not very effective since the change." comes from.

it's not about the number of attacks, it's about the firepower vs armor.

If the Glaive had like 10 firepower, it's 5 damage would transform into 2.

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz


____________

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Yeah their firepower values haven't actually been adjusted yet since they were thrown weapons at the time the adjustments were made. It's coming soon though.


____________

swcforumsig

Bambl Cata

Was looking through and noticed there's only a few weapons with such low fire power, it's all good!


Bambl Cata

Although, with this new scholastic rounding, and while using the glave and dealing 0.3125 damage, does that effectively mean you would need to hit 3 times for no damage before dealing 1 damage?


Daehd Moroz

I guess in the case of a Morgukai Glaive a 0.3125 damage means you get hit by the non-sharp parts of the Glaive, like a slap to the face.

Humiliating, damaging to your dignity, but not a wound.

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz


____________

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Well since it's against armour, you'd just scrape uselessly along the armour or something. :p With no armour, the glaive won't be hitting for 0/1.

I've just updated the firepower for glaives and zenji needles (and made zenji needles dual wieldable); this will be noted in the next sync report as a hotfix as well.


Edited By: Syn on Year 16 Day 135 15:06
____________

swcforumsig

scholastic rounding 


stochastic*


Bambl Cata

Whatever mate, is what I'm saying about it taking 3 "no damage" hits before you hit for 1 HP correct?


No. It's still random which result you'll get. On average, over a sufficiently large sample size, you'd expect to see that ratio.


____________

swcforumsig

Excuse me for trying to help people understand an important aspect of SWC's equation design, I guess.


Bambl Cata

You corrected something very trivial (I expect an attempt to belittle, but that's normal), without actually giving any input into how it works.

Although I was under some weird idea that this type of rounding would remember the remaining 0.3125 if rounding down to 0, and then add it on to the next 0.3125 and so on, albeit, I was completely wrong.


Kendall Holm

The way that type of rounding works in a box is say you have 0.31 and it need to round. I generates a random number that will in essence be 31% chance to round to 1 and 69% chance it will rand to 0


____________

SWC3dsUser.png
You corrected something very trivial (I expect an attempt to belittle, but that's normal), without actually giving any input into how it works.

Although I was under some weird idea that this type of rounding would remember the remaining 0.3125 if rounding down to 0, and then add it on to the next 0.3125 and so on, albeit, I was completely wrong. 


It's almost like if you clicked on the link I provided you could have read about how stochastic rounding works.


Year 16 Day 136 12:19
I'm closing this now