Time

14:08:34

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Bandits's Spawning Points
Year 16 Day 151 14:20
Daehd Moroz

Please excuse me, but I haven't hunted for a long while, but could someone clarify me the following things about bandit spawning:

Bandits can only spawn outside cities in terrain squares and when there's is no other PC on that square.

Bandits definitely cannot spawn in cities? I though I read that somewhere and even though it says so in the Ru les I am somehow very doubtful of that, the Rules have had mistakes inthem in the past.

Thank you in advance.

Ever sincerely yours,

Quarrenoghri Daehd Moroz
Year 16 Day 151 15:24
Definitely not in cities, just on terrains when there is no other PCs when you enter that square.

Year 16 Day 151 16:12
They cannot spawn in cities. The Rules, especially for newer features, are up to date, and if anyone sees any errors in them they are welcome to post in the Rules Updates forum to have it fixed.

Year 16 Day 152 2:34
You can find bandits in cities however when someone creates a city in a terrain where there were bandits wandering around before hand.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 152 3:46
You can find bandits in cities however when someone creates a city in a terrain where there were bandits wandering around before hand.

- Ellias Aubec

Following the logic between bandit squad spawning, I'm fairly sure they don't stay there once person who built the city leaves.
Once PC leaves the tile, squads get reset and, if a check for city tile is made, none is created.

I mean, that's the logic in my head.
Err.. Mikel / Syn / Kendall?

'dail-signature-1'/
Year 16 Day 152 12:49
Victor O`Cuinn

Yes, but there are ways to keep the bandits in the city. Usually you take an IA player and place them in the city once it is created. This will prevent the bandits from getting reset and the auto heal at 17:00 SWC time will keep them alive (if you do decide to shot at them). Doing this will allow you to leave the city and come back later and they will still be there.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 16 Day 152 20:56
Sure if you really want to. Can't stop someone random from coming by and shooting them if they have access to the city. There's no significant benefit to it or anything.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 232 7:12
Scott Hall

And is it possible for bandits to respawn (as in they were previously killed) in a tile while there are NPCs patrolling there?

I'm not the new kid from the block, I'm the whole block, baby!
Year 16 Day 232 7:14
Charlena Halo

It is. As long as there is no PC in that tile.

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Year 16 Day 232 7:23
That includes the PC being there inside an entity like a ship or vehicle.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 232 7:37
Scott Hall

And they engage in combat with the patrolling NPCs? Or vice-versa?

I'm not the new kid from the block, I'm the whole block, baby!
Year 16 Day 232 15:09
Not outside of Derra (and that other combat planet). Outside of Derra, all combat must be player initiated and can only use your immediate party, not any additional squads.

Edited By: Syn on Year 16 Day 232 15:09

swcforumsig