Year

Day

Time

14:07:44

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 211 13:00
Stephanie Barefoot

On the race page and specifically every individual race page, there is a list of the top 10 XP earning members. Why do some of these people have their factions in brackets below their names and some do not?

StephanieBarefoot-DelcroixID.png?=1506284163
Year 16 Day 211 13:27
As far as I can tell, the faction only shows up if the person has a public profile. If not it shows nothing, or they are not in a faction.

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--
Year 16 Day 211 13:53
Thali`a N`ightshade

Lilith is correct. Make your profile hidden and the faction name is removed ;)

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 16 Day 211 14:05
Venari Haliat

If they have no infobox filled they will not show their title, but if it is it shows up even when they have a hidden profile.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 16 Day 211 14:36
Stephanie Barefoot

Ok, thanks for the replies. Makes sense actually. :)

StephanieBarefoot-DelcroixID.png?=1506284163
Year 16 Day 211 21:23
Remember, these aren't necessarily the top ten exp-earning members of those races, just the top ten exp earners that are *active.*

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 16 Day 212 3:04
Nathan Miller

When did it change from being the 5 oldest active characters and 5 highest exp active characters?

Year 16 Day 212 6:01
Years ago, before the Metamorphosis Plague, at least.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 16 Day 212 7:10
So long ago that I've never actually been able to find the old code in our version control system and that it makes me doubt whether that was ever actually the case.

Year 16 Day 212 9:21
Selatos

Our version control history was CVS, then two separate SVN installs, and now git. I don't think that history from CVS or the first SVN install is available.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 212 9:23
Nathan Miller

I feel old.

Year 16 Day 212 9:29
Venari Haliat

I am in the Purgatory of Young and Old.

I from what Selatos said I assume that was the case once, or not at all?

Edited By: Venari Haliat on Year 16 Day 212 9:30

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 16 Day 217 11:55
Not at all. Certainly not in the last 15 years. I'm not sure why anybody ever added that line to the rules page that said otherwise (which has since been removed); my guess is that someone meant to change it and never did.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 217 16:47
Yeah, I searched several version control histories from time to time as this question came up that probably stretched back at least 8-10 years and never found it.