Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Sync Report Year 16 Day 255
Year 16 Day 226 15:59
Tal Dorn

Tweaks:
"- Medical droids now produced at medical factions
- LIN-series miners, alpha plus charges, and blaststicks now produced at mining factions
- C-wing uglies now produced by recycling factions"

A question concerning the following:
Alazhixazha , Medicae Nebulon B, Sprint Rescue Craft and Kettrifree Air Mover- will this be added to the producible by medical factions

EVS Construction, Wrecker - will this be added to the producible by recycling factions

SX-65 Groundhog and K-7 Airspeeder - will this be added to the producible by mining factions

Also, please explain; "Each datacard costs 5m credits per slot, and your total active member count must be above the cumulative number of slots occupied by all owned generic datacards.

Does this mean a newly created production faction whose creation cost is 70million +25million registration fee and minimum member count is five may select 5 DCs from the generics and must pay an additional 25 million to purchase those DCs?

I guess another question is, how many members equal a slot open for another generic DC purchase and what happens if a faction's active member count falls below what is required to create that slot in the first place?

Something else to add, will NPC Shops no longer sell items? It seems like a lot of generic DCs were once NPC Shop items.

Oh and why were droid parts skipped and not added to the generics list?

Edited By: Tal Dorn on Year 16 Day 226 17:36

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 226 19:27
I don't see why shops wouldn't still sell them. the shops give access for new players, factions can mass produce them for equipping npcs and such.

I would assume droid parts were skipped as they might be given to all automatically regardless of dc slots.

Year 16 Day 230 22:13
Selatos

Sorry it has taken a while to respond here.

1/ Shops will still sell them. The main reason for generics is if someone wanted to create hundreds to outfit NPCs with.
2/ Members are worth 1 slot each. Not all generics require 1 slot, some are more and some are less. Yes you need to pay the registration and buy generics on top of that. Droid parts were overlooked by accident, they have been added since.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 231 7:25
Tal Dorn

And???
A question concerning the following:
Alazhixazha , Medicae Nebulon B, Sprint Rescue Craft and Kettrifree Air Mover- will this be added to the producible by medical factions?

EVS Construction, Wrecker - will this be added to the producible by recycling factions?

SX-65 Groundhog and K-7 Airspeeder - will this be added to the producible by mining factions?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 231 18:02
Selatos

It says so in the simnews doesn't it?

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 231 18:06
Tal Dorn

Tweaks:
- Members page automatically refreshes. Style, text, and watermarking changed to increase readability
- Lots of CSS changes: images replaced with css, gaps and margins improved in the header, larger clickable header link area
- Colors changed a little bit to increase (functional) consistency between skins and improve overall polish of color schemes. Not all icons were updated, they are still pending conversion to css or svg from images
- Ship, vehicle, item, and droid production factions have been merged into a single general type. General production factions cost 70m to create
- Medical droids now produced at medical factions
- LIN-series miners, alpha plus charges, and blaststicks now produced at mining factions
- C-wing uglies now produced by recycling factions

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Nothing about these entities which belong to their respective faction types.
Alazhixazha , Medicae Nebulon B, Sprint Rescue Craft and Kettrifree Air Mover- will this be added to the producible by medical factions?

EVS Construction, Wrecker - will this be added to the producible by recycling factions?

SX-65 Groundhog and K-7 Airspeeder - will this be added to the producible by mining factions?

Lhorai5.png

AreUnyk.png
Year 16 Day 231 22:06
Blot Hlidskjalf

The simnes are for changes.

If it is not in the changes, it stay as before.

Year 16 Day 231 22:47
Except that med faction could not produce sprints or mednebs or their droids, etc. So he has a valid question, though i would hope they would now be able to.

Year 16 Day 232 12:45
Selatos

Well I misunderstood Tal's question and was an asshole about it because I thought he was asking me to confirm something as written, but he was actually asking about something I didn't properly address.

Those things will be produceable within those factions in addition to having the datacards. They should already be, but there might be some mistakes in the code because I was too hasty in the implementation. There will be another update tomorrow-ish with a refreshed rundown of what the changes are in total, to make it clearer what the final state of things is.

- Charles Babbage