235 are online

Year

Day

Time

17:18:51

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Possible bug when sending creds 'Invalid checksum provided, your transaction was not ran."
Darian Dash

Has anyone else had this problem when sending credits?

"Invalid checksum provided, your transaction was not ran."

It usually works the second time i try but i was wondering if there's something i'm doing wrong or if it's a possible bug.

Charlena Halo

I have come across it myself. As you said, usually the second time works.

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Kendall Holm

I have not been in that system but I am guessing it is using a token to make sure it is you and not some remote script or html hack to send credits. And those tokens didnt match.

SWC3dsUser.png
Yeah, it's what happens when the nonce numbers don't match (preventing refresh-double sends, etc)

Darian Dash

So not a bug then?
Is there something i should watch out for when sending creds so it doesn't happen?
Luckily so far customers have been understanding when i thought i'd sent but didn't :)

It might happen if you linger on the credit page too long? I don't know the exact situation where it's happening to you. But it's not a bug, it's definitely an intended behavior.

Charlena Halo

I think the biggest problem is the error comes up as green, making us assume that the transaction has completed. If it was changed to red, then it would be easier to spot.

Kendall Holm

That can be done but you guys shouldnt get that if the page is used properly :P

SWC3dsUser.png
Darian Dash

Red would be great thanks.
I promise i use it properly and it seems to be random.
I tried replicating it to find out what the trigger is but no luck.

I've changed the color to red for the next sync so it should be easier to tell when it happens.

Darian Dash

Thanks for taking the time for a small change with all the other stuff going on :)

Charlena Halo

Thank you very much Mikel!

Heh this just started coming up for me today randomly, too. I was only on the page for maybe 15 seconds, or however long it took me to type in the handle and amount. Worked the second time, but a bit irritating.

swcforumsig