Year

Day

Time

06:02:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 263 2:37
Venari Haliat

I am in hyperspace right now and I wish a question to be answered.

I have a droid with piloting capabilities in my cockpit and I wish to enter a vehicle docked inside my capital ship, if I enter the vehicle will I drop out of hyperspace? Or is the pilot droid in the cockpit thing work?

Edited By: Venari Haliat on Year 16 Day 263 9:06

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Year 16 Day 263 2:55
If the droid is assigned to you, then you should not drop out of hyper if you enter a docked entity. That should still be working.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 263 3:00
Venari Haliat

Understandably I am a bit scared that if I board it I will crash into a sun and die or something.

Paranoia sucks sometimes.

- Hamlet
Year 16 Day 263 4:11
Umbeck Traxer

Though doesn't it have to be a droid with piloting capabilities that match your Class of ship, and not just any of the ones that have pilot capabilities?

Also, if you are in deep space you physically cannot die from aborting hyper jumps.
If you are in Hyperspace and abort you will exit into a random square in that galactic coordinate. If you are in a system with planets and stars then there is a chance you will randomly exit onto one of them and die.
If you are in deep space there is nothing you can hit to kill you.
However, if you are flying along and abort into an unknown system, that could kill you. If you are flying along for 4 days or something and abort into a known system that you forgot was along your route, that might kill you too.

Odds are still pretty low though.
Systems have hundreds of possible points and usually only a handful of things inside them. It is definitely possible to kill yourself accidentally, but if you are clear of known systems (usually waiting 45 minutes-1 hour after leaving a system) you will likely be safe enough.
There's always that chance of dropping out into undiscovered territory though, and then dying a fiery painful death.
But I always ignore that as the odds are so minimal. Now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Year 16 Day 263 4:15
Venari Haliat

Someone should make something that's shows the approximate location of where you are based on when you left, where you are going, what ship, and stat so people can approximate where they are in case they need to drop out.

So does the droid-in-pit work?

Edited By: Venari Haliat on Year 16 Day 263 4:25

- Hamlet
Year 16 Day 263 5:30
I presume you mean pit droid, in which case no. Generally the astromech droids will be the ones you want. For instance the R1 only works on capital ships (frigates and bigger). You should get a warning when you go to enter a docked entity, red if you will abort hyper, blue if you won't.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 263 8:37
Venari Haliat

I mean droid-in-cockpit. Droid keeps the ship running the thread can be closed.

Edited By: Venari Haliat on Year 16 Day 263 9:06

- Hamlet