Day

Time

19:24:02

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Ethan wants to know - many subjects
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
You can... but let's be honest. Not every place have a barrack.
And ...
If the race have good stats, you must look if there are still recruitable people.
Look the planet-moon-whatever stats and read under Population -> Hireable workers.
A not so good race usually have 1,000 available, a good one 0.

Nothing can change the true nature of a man.
Ethan Travis

How are the names assigned to the NPCs ? Is it random or are there any (how do you say it in English ) subroutines* that for example for Wookkies assign names based on shyriiwook Prefixes and Suffixes. Like arri: "mighty" + pirr: "builder", "forger", or "trader" Arripir or something..........just wondering.

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
I highly doubt it. I've seen plenty of NPCs from various races (Wookiees included) with some very generic names. I think NPCs (I'd assume you don't mean Custom NPCs since you can name those yourself) have their names created by a sort of Random Name Generator when they're spawned, probably one similar to the one that provides handle examples on the Character Creation rules page.

I could be wrong though, but having NPCs spawn with race appropriate names would be pretty awesome and far more immersive for an RPG.

1795879249047316029.png
There's a giant list of random names that the server picks from. There's no race or job specificity.

Ethan Travis

I see. thanks for the info ! I really appreciate someone taking their time and answering it.

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 17 Day 9 9:22

EthanTravis
Ethan Travis

How much HP does these items heal if any?

Laser Scalpel (Medical Items)
Stimpack (Medical Items)
MediKit (Medical Items)
Antidote (Medical Items)

EthanTravis
I think the Laser scalpel is only used for cybernetic implants currently.
The Antidote doesn't have a current function yet I believe.
Stimpack and Medkit, I'm not sure, but I think I saw a page somewhere that has this info.
I'll look for it and post it here if I find it before anyone else answers your question.

Edit: Here's the link
http://guide.swcombine.com/wiki/Medicine

I don't think stimpacks have a current function.

Edited By: Musashi Kensen on Year 17 Day 10 1:44

Musashi Kensen
"I'm working. What are you doing?"
Ethan Travis

Oh thanks !!!!!!

EthanTravis
Ethan Travis

I have another question which Sensor better and how much it gives to the field of view value?

Multiple Sensor Pack (Tools)
Energy Sensor Pack (Tools)
Biological Sensor Pack (Tools)

Or this ''Multiple Sensor Pack, Energy Sensor Pack, and Biological Sensor Pack are considered to have a sensor power of 1.'' means that they all give only 1 ?

EthanTravis

3/ Scanner List

The scanner list displays all entities that are visible to you on the current map. If you are in a ship, vehicle, facility, or space station then all available information about the entities will be displayed. Characters will only be able to see the image, type, name and hull of entities if they are using their vision. A character can see more if they pick-up a sensor item.
•Biological Sensor Pack: Can detect passenger count on focus scan.
•Energy Sensor Pack: Can detect all stats of an entity, except passengers inside.
•Multiple Sensor Pack: Can detect all of the stats of an entity, including passengers and other entities inside.

Characters that are under arrest will be visible to everyone with one or more sensors on their location.

3.1/ Focus Scan

If you are inside a ship, vehicle, facility, space station or outside and equipped with a Multiple Sensor Pack item then you can initiate a focus scan on any entity in range. If you are outside and equipped with a Energy Sensor Pack then you can only initiate a focus scan on ships, vehicles, facilities, or droids. Similarly, if you are outside and equipped with a Biological Sensor Pack then you can only initiate a focus scan on biological entities (characters, NPCs, and creatures).

This scan will provide you more detailed information about that entity like weaponry, sensors, ECM and so on. If your sensors are higher that the target's ECM, then you will also see the materials and number of passengers, ships and vehicles onboard the target. Multiple Sensor Pack, Energy Sensor Pack, and Biological Sensor Pack are considered to have a sensor power of 1.

- Rules Pages -> General -> Vision

I believe this may answer your question/questions.

1795879249047316029.png
Ethan Travis

But all give the same extension of the field ? Yes? I am just asking to clarify.

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 17 Day 11 2:44

EthanTravis
Basically, as far as I am aware, the only use for the 3 sensor packs is that they allow you to share sensors with NPCs that also have a sensor pack and piloted vehicles/ships/etc on the terrain/city. There is currently no difference between them and there is no scan entity function.

Ellias_sig6.png
Ethan Travis

How do medical droids work ? Do they add some healing bonus?

EthanTravis
I believe they can only be used in assisting with cybernetic implant operations currently.

Musashi Kensen
"I'm working. What are you doing?"
Ethan Travis

If no one controls the planet, can you still slab it , even if the system is owned by a faction?

EthanTravis
If a planet is uncontrolled nd you can get to the surface, you can indeed. But usually planets not slab bombed or controlled have hidden cities with shield gens.

Ethan Travis

Why are the Vertical Lockers a restricted tech ?

EthanTravis
Bad planning when dayacards were handed out. One faction has complete control and refuses to sell.

Ethan Travis

Can a player build a shield generator on his own or does he need some datacard?

EthanTravis
I don't know if facilities have actual datacards, but each type of faction is capable is constructing a specific set of facilities. You would have to be a member of a faction that can build a Shield Generator and have privileges to do so. To my knowledge all government and mercenary factions have the ability to construct them.

1795879249047316029.png
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11