Day

Time

16:33:24

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Hyperspace and Black Holes
Year 16 Day 281 18:53
If I understand how gravity generators work, they not only prevent ships from jumping to hyperspace from inside their gravity well (assuming the gravity generator is active) , but will also pull ships out of hyperspace if their path passes directly through the region that is under the generator's influence.

Black holes create much stronger gravity wells. So my question is this: If you're hyperspace route passes directly through a black hole's event horizon, will your ship be pulled out of hyper?

I ask because I was 36 hrs into a 72hr trip and noticed I would pass directly through the Maw prior to reaching my intended terminus.

My route has already been altered to avoid the Maw, so not an urgent question, but I thought I'd ask for future hyper routing.

Thanks

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 16 Day 281 18:58
I have never heard of a black hole pulling someone out of hyper - they should act as hidden a star.

Getting pulled out of hyper when interdictors were enabled was an annoying experience, though, as was damaging your ship to jump outside of the fully-welled system.

Y19.png
Year 16 Day 281 18:59
I do not believe blackholes (or suns) pull you out of hyper. Interdictors are currently not activated, but even when they were I'm not sure their pull you out of hyper function worked - just an artificial grav well.

Ellias_sig6.png
Year 16 Day 281 19:11
Thanks for the response folks. That is what I needed to know.

And being yanked out of hyperspace and being forced to damage your ship sounds extremely annoying- glad that is not currently happening.

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 16 Day 281 21:06
The black holes only exist in the system maps, flying through hyper is like dustin' crops

image.png
Year 16 Day 281 23:23
That's good. I learned to fly from my father, and he was a crop duster.

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.