202 are online

Year

Day

Time

06:01:27

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Why is the General Archive locked?
Year 16 Day 283 18:18
Sol Mazer

Greetings all,

As the subject asks, why is the General Archive locked from view? If the threads are locked, and the edit buttons removed/ disabled, couldn't that allow players to see these old threads without changing them?

I recently got involved in writing for the Holocron- that SIM news item got me motivated- and would enjoy being able to get more from my forum searches. The archived threads really limit the amount of reasearch that can be done (especially when it comes to characters that haven't posted in years).

Thank you for your time,
Sol

Hack this TERMINAL

Atkuos2.jpg
Year 16 Day 283 19:09
Kendall Holm

I dont think our forums are coded to allow for that. Hence they remove all access to them

SWC3dsUser.png
Ichiru Hanabusa

wouldnt locking the threads like in the archive in this area do the job? then no one can mess with old threads but they can be made view-able again

Year 16 Day 284 10:54
Kendall Holm

Sure. Ask selatos why they don't just move and lock every thread they put in there. And allow access to all.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 16 Day 284 17:44
Sol Mazer

Considering he and many others are moderators here, I figured I just did. =^)

There is an archive of this forum-> with the very direct instruction of not to mess with locked threads. It's an open for reference forum. Couldn't this principle be used for the General Archive?

Any Moderator available for a discussion?

Hack this TERMINAL

Atkuos2.jpg
Year 16 Day 285 17:38
That's actually not a forum function. Someone had to code it manually here but it's not something that can easily be done for any forums. It's fully closed right now and is just used as a dump for old threads from the entire message centre, including the access restricted forums, so I don't think that will happen.

swcforumsig

Year 16 Day 285 18:09
Sol Mazer

Ah! Restricted forums as well! That could make things a mess. Understandable.....

Could an individual player apply for access for academic purposes? Related to the Holocron as an example.

Hack this TERMINAL

Atkuos2.jpg
Year 16 Day 285 18:34
Venari Haliat

I doubt it. IMHO.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
No? But if there's a specific thread needed, someone can copy it for you.

swcforumsig

Sol Mazer

Thanks Syn. I'll keep that in mind.

Hack this TERMINAL

Atkuos2.jpg