Day

Time

08:44:23

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Nice Place To Visit. Can I?
Year 16 Day 328 9:26
Does anyone know if Ryloth is shielded or not? I checked the Shielded Planets Lists, and they make no mention of it being shielded, but I wanted to be extra certain. Thanks for any help in this matter.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 16 Day 328 11:01
8,7 Kala'uun is the NPC Transport location, so that grid is most likely unshielded since its a homeworld (even though owned by Tenlose Syndicate.

Even if the grid you want is shielded, with most of the planet being uninhabited, you can almost surely find a place to breach any shielded areas.

That's just my take on what I am seeing.

~Jarneskeg Yrfeloran
mystats.php?uid=c11000

can be seen
Here.
Year 16 Day 328 11:48
Raidan Spike

^ Yep, no way that planet is fully shielded.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 16 Day 328 12:15
Valid points, gentlemen. Thanks!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 16 Day 328 12:41
That doesnt mean the planet isnt shielded. You can place shields in squares around it to fill the holes.

newcreate.php?text=Kathlen%20Stewart&name=MissBrooks.ttf&size=40&style_color=FF0000
Year 16 Day 328 13:05
Raidan Spike

Umm, have you looked at the planetary map Kathlen? Unless Tenloss has invested a ridiculous amount of money in hidden cities (which is possible), there is no way that planet is shielded.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 16 Day 328 13:28
What makes you think the added cost of using hidden cities is an issue for a large faction like Tenloss? Frankly it's a common way of building a shield grid. Much better looking as well. Just looking at the map will tell you nothing unless if course it shows lava blocking possible shield grid. That's not the case here tho. If you really want to know ask Tenloss or go there yourself, anything else is a pure guessing game. Also, being a homeworld doesn't mean it is unshielded either.

Edited By: Jay Ceveri on Year 16 Day 328 13:30
Year 16 Day 328 13:33
Thanks Jay. I was hoping someone who actually knew would step up, but I'll take your advice and message Tenloss.

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png
Year 16 Day 328 13:36
Raidan Spike

You are completely correct Jay, but it's a well known fact you can access the floating rock gardens on Ryloth. If Tenloss have gone to all the trouble of putting a shield grid in to block access to a galactic wonder AND made it impossible to see.. well they would be total jerks.

Attempt_15.png
raidan_spike_cit.png
Year 16 Day 328 13:59
The Floating Rock Gardens were made to be accessible, however I would be wary if you are on Tenloss' list of "People better off in a freezer" as Tenloss has made it clear on several occasions that it will not tolerate certain people. I know many people have tried to get Ryloth and other planets over the years, even at great benefit to Tenloss but Tenloss keeps a firm hold on those planets, providing a level of stability rarely seen in this game.

20160901143621-b6dcb0d8.png
public-sig.png
Year 16 Day 328 21:41
Thali`a N`ightshade

I visited in the recent past to collect a ship I purchased and didn't encounter shield issues. Hostile shop owners were the only bad point on a visit to my home world

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Year 16 Day 329 8:09
^ BOOM! ^ That's what I was looking for!!! Thanks Thali`a!

91U9jGF.gif
WmHI3fW.png