Day

Time

13:23:39

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 16 Day 334 9:36
Ric`zix Xichiz

No, it isn't "How do I make one?"

I noticed that Keycards have a material requirement involved, but don't remember the materials being needed in creation. Has that changed in my absence?

I ask because of the sheer volume consistently available on the Market (at this time around 9,000 Keycards available, which almost locks up my browser trying to load the page).

1) Are there plans to implement the material requirement? (if not)-

2) Will there be a change to the RM value, seeing how Keycards are worth more than some Trophies now?

Stolen Item Ticker : 1,592
Year 16 Day 334 10:58
Charlena Halo

Related to that, could you recycle those in the future and get free RM?

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Year 16 Day 334 12:40
Wasn't free, but no, Items are not recyclable. They used to be, but then an exploit was found and they just halted the ability to recycle items altogether. IIRC from my testing of that bug, keycards weren't worth it as an RM-production method.

Keycards don't currently need RMs to create. I'm pretty sure there's no plans to introduce an RM requirement, but I obviously do not speak obo the admins.

Year 16 Day 335 18:07
No RM's are needed to make keycards and I hope it stays that way. It is one of the few things you can do for XP while in hyper and it does not take away from HP if you fail.

Photobucket
Year 16 Day 353 3:40
Is there anyway to destroy the keycards? I found some which are located in somewhere (maybe Commerce Center). They're piled up in the same room, which make me confused when I was trying to find my stuff which is happen to be located on there. Yes indeed, I can simply click "Unclaim", but that doesn't mean they'll be erased/deleted entirely as they're going to sit for the rest of life. I mean, to discard them for good, not by reselling on the GM nor sitting in somewhere.

UTa2b1r.png

1zp5fy8.png
Year 16 Day 353 5:44
The only way to currently 'delete' something is to go to an unbuilt terrain, put the item on the ground, and 'unclaim' it. If it is still working the item should despawn in a few weeks.

Year 16 Day 353 6:24
Charlena Halo

Even better, find a place you can sell to market. That way at least you can get a few credits out of them.

Year 16 Day 353 8:22
that just keeps them in the game, as I don't know many people who want to buy keycards off the market. There are far too many of them in the game as it is.

Year 16 Day 353 9:19
Lexor Gregain

You could also put a bunch of keycards in a backpack or similar, equip the backpack on some useless NPC and then fire him or have him killed.

Year 16 Day 353 9:58
Charlena Halo

Don't they despawn after a while of being on the market and not being purchased?

Year 16 Day 353 23:46
Selatos

Selling to NPC market would give you instant money (like 1 cr or something?) and it would disappear instantly.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 354 5:52
Even better. Do that!

Year 16 Day 354 6:57
Charlena Halo

That's what I said in the first place!

Year 16 Day 354 7:58
Shush you, I did not know of the feature and you never said anything about it auto deleting so it doesn't count.

Year 16 Day 354 13:39
When did they start auto deleting upon selling to the NPC market? Last time I did so was a few months ago and that was not the case then.m I sell all mine to the market then grab them up from the facility to keep it from filling it up and drop them onto a planet surface.

Year 16 Day 354 20:13
Selling to NPC market would give you instant money (like 1 cr or something?) and it would disappear instantly. 

Currently, you can only sell to market at a station or market facility.

It would be great if you could sell to the NPC Market from anywhere (on the ground, in the open, not in a city) and that sale not in a station or market would then make the item(s) disappear.

C5Lgr5m.pngWOMN3M5.jpghlx72UM.png

Year 16 Day 355 8:24
Selatos

I meant NPC shop, not market. Oops. The shops are only on certain worlds though.

"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage
Year 16 Day 355 9:46
Cait Catra

We can sell items *to* an NPC shop?

Year 16 Day 355 9:55
Sell to NPC Shop: Yup. A couple syncs ago that was added. Items only, and it's Possession-based rather than ownership based. Anything on the ground or on you/in containers on you can be sold.

...sell to the NPC Market from anywhere (on the ground, in the open, not in a city) and that sale not in a station or market would then make the item(s) disappear.  
IMO it is preferable to be able to remotely unclaim items - which has been suggested before. "Sell to NPC Market remotely" rather defeats the purpose of possession being required to sell to Market/Shop currently, and is a counter-intuitive use of the feature if the true purpose is to delete the item. I mean, unless you're also wanting Credits for selling items remotely and deleting them immediately, which isn't reasonable. The necessary restrictions (NOT in a container, on a planet surface) eliminates a large number of potential uses for 'sell remotely' anyway, which ARE contained within the 'unclaim remotely' suggestion.