Year

Day

Time

12:33:22

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Year 17 Day 9 9:53
Sylvin Macflint

Are there any requirements besides those in the rules for using explosives in mining operations?
Do they have to be assigned in any specific way for commander and carrier?
Can they be owned by the mine owner or do they need to be owned by the Mining faction?
Or is all that needs to be done, dropping them in the mine, or assigning the ship/facility within the city to the mine?

I've placed the charge in the mine, but the mine inventory still shows 'explosives/none'.

Thank you for your time..

Year 17 Day 9 11:43
Stockpile Links for mines need to be accessible to the Operator or the Managing Faction.

It shouldn't matter who owns the Explosives, as long as they're in the mine or a linked entity.

I recommend fully documenting the setup (ie EVERYTHING, not just "I've placed the charge in the mine,") and bugbasing it. While waiting, toss that explosive on a ship, link the ship, and check if it shows up.

Year 17 Day 9 13:04
Sylvin Macflint

I've got about a day till the mine produces so I'll hold off from making any premature reports till then. Thanks Kay.

Year 17 Day 9 16:16
Simkin Dragoneel

Interesting.

There seems to be a problem with explosives as is.

If you do experience any problems with it, post the into this: http://bugs.swcombine.com/view.php?id=3968

Join Faerytail!
SWC VIDEO Tutorials!
Faerytail Do NOT Trade List

q8scw75
Year 17 Day 11 0:54
Sylvin Macflint

Wet wick? No boom boom..
Placed post as suggested Simkin..

Year 17 Day 11 6:46
Kendall Holm

Dont be posting this to that bug. That bug is about the Latex that is broken and has nothing to do with the functionality of explosives. Start a new one about that.

SWC3dsUser.png
Year 17 Day 11 14:39
Victor O`Cuinn

When I used an explosive last it worked fine. I placed the explosive in the mine and then selected the type in the drop down window and a week later it exploded :P.... rather interesting really.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Year 17 Day 11 17:06
Sylvin Macflint

I used framecharge versus blaststicks but from what I read should also work.

Year 17 Day 32 8:43
Sylvin Macflint

It seems to make the explosives appear and be utilized the current mining process must be stopped and the mine re started after filling in the 'use explosives' box/portion.
Hope this helps the next curious miner.
Thanks you all for your responses, Happy New Year..