195 are online

Year

Day

Time

22:40:53

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » What happened to images on Holocron?
Page 1 2
Did something happen to how Holocron handles images? I noticed it only tonight and yesterday it was still all fine, but now all the image formatting doesn't seem to be recognised and all pages with images are just a mess =/

Thanks

Benedicta Per Gratiam Jou
MeandMine.png
--> Lvl 5 FI Operator - Free Service <--

Thali`a N`ightshade

I filed a report on the bugbase. Selatos isn't sure how it can be fixed and everything I have seen has been since the migration. Images can't be resized or placed as needed which is messing up the text alignment.

photo ThalJDnew_zps74605fe0.png
Venari Haliat

I just resubmitted smaller images.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet
Thanks Thali`a, hopefully they can do something about it.

Even if you fix up the image dimensions its only a temporary fix that doesn't really fix much. You still have problem with no actual aliment, the thumbnail boxes are gone and in general just makes them unusable as wiki images.

My best guess on what could be causing the issue is the wiki website not recognizing the file that manages image code. Which might have gone missing during migration or the new server doesn't allow it (for whatever reason).

MeandMine.png

Thali`a N`ightshade

29 Nov 15 17:34

I'm not really sure how we're going to fix this. The short cause of it is that our mediawiki installations are a really old version, and they use a deprecated feature that was removed in the latest version of PCRE that is installed on the new servers. I hacked in a change to make them work at all, but I would not be surprised to find lots of things like this.

Upgrading mediawiki is not really an option, for now. I tried that too and none of our plugins are compatible, etc., so we couldn't just update to a version that fixes the bugs properly.

- Selatos

For anyone who doesn't have a bugbase log in.

Victor O`Cuinn

Thats odd that your was fine until last night. Mine has been messed up since the switch.

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Kendall Holm

Browser could of been using the cache. So it was messed up before but never knew.

SWC3dsUser.png
John Bourne

Browser could of been using the cache. So it was messed up before but never knew. 

That will 110% be the case. Mine's messed up too since the server change and I browsed to make sure it wasn't just mine. It wasn't.

John_Bourne_Signature.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4HlPUzgb8Y
Victor O`Cuinn

so has it been said if there is a way to fix this yet? Or is this something that will be pushed aside for now while more important things get handled?

Victor-gif-finished.gif

victor_ocuinn_cit.png
Thali`a N`ightshade

No news yet on my bugbase report Victor..sorry :(

Kyran Caelius

Yeesh... thanks for pointing that out, Lilith. That's awful.

gif
I am guessing no update from bugbase yet?

MeandMine.png

Venari Haliat

All I know about it is that it happened after the server switch.

- Hamlet
Thali`a N`ightshade

Still nothing and my guess is from my earlier post from the bug base reply is not to hold our breath. Not a slight at Selatos in anyway as he didn't know due to the nature of the page.

I know Holocron isn't part of the Darkness interface but that still sucks =/

MeandMine.png

Sebastian von Nex

Well a temporary solution for this would be to resize the images manually, as for alignment use one of the older syntaxes :

{| align="left"
|[[File:Image.jpg]]
|}

This is kinda half-assed though since thumbnail boxes are still gone. When i have more free time i'll try to check if it's possible to find something that will "fix" this as well but for now that's it.

vtXUd7w
Venari Haliat

Who is the one that has the installations for the Holocron? Is it Dreighton?

- Hamlet
Was there any progress/update on this?

I want to finish my Holocron but been bit put off because of the image formatting, since I either have to re-do them all and figure out a way to make them fit or remove them all for now.

Cheers

Edited By: Lilith Delcroix on Year 17 Day 128 3:22

MeandMine.png

Ethan Travis

I inquired once - I think the best way would be to redo them :/ or make new info boxes......the thing that I have been doing for some time http://holocron.swcombine.com/wiki/Aedra

Edited By: Ethan Travis on Year 17 Day 128 5:03

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Thali`a N`ightshade

I have removed one incredibly large image and moved some of the text around for others. I tried to upload an image again but it just came out the same size as when it became distorted. That might also get removed in time.

Page 1 2