Day

Time

23:31:20

Login
snewsgnewsmessagegeneralfactioninventorycombatroom
Message CentreRPG CentreQuestion Centre
Archives » Help required on using sniper rifles
Scott Hall

I managed to get my hands on a beautiful and shiny Nightstinger, but I can't use it.
Even if I let my NPCs on that location or my ship, I can't see the hostiles as soon as I get at +10 distance.
What is the easiest way to be able to attack them with my sniper rifle?

I'm not the new kid from the block, I'm the whole block, baby!
Ethan Travis

Use NPCs with multiple sensor packs and place them around the grounds

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
Cait Catra

Equipping Macrobinoculars will help with this too.

If you can see them at a range of 10, shoot from there. The bottom of the Nightstingers range is 10.

newcreate.php?text=Kathlen%20Stewart&name=MissBrooks.ttf&size=40&style_color=FF0000
Tholme Terik

Like Cait said, macrobinoculars will be the best. They're pretty cheap too.

mystats.php?uid=c11026
Scott Hall

I'll test the microbinoculars, to see the range they reach at.
Thank you!

Charlena Halo

Scott, take your perception skill and add 3. That'll give your perception range without macros. For macros, add 5 to the previous sum, and that'll be your total range with macros.

Ex. Base=3, perception skill=2, macros=5. 2+3+5=10 perception range.

Halo_Jedi_Sig6a_zps7kfowbuj.png
Scott Hall

You got the numbers right. My max range is 10 and because the attack is random, I keep getting hit by the npc that can reach me and I keep hitting others.

Ethan Travis

That is why I drop with in with my melee berserkers :D . Bandits usually end up with 3-5 guys who can defend with meager blasters

EthanTravis
''If gods do exist, we need to start looking for ways to kill them''
I soak with my high HP creatures! Gives something to heal, too.

swcforumsig

"Even if I let my NPCs on that location or my ship, I can't see the hostiles as soon as I get at +10 distance."

Your toon needs to equip a Sensor Pack to be able to see the sensors shared by NPCs and other PCs opting to share sensors with you. I think, for continued hunting on a terrain, Neria had mentioned dropping several "Sensor Beacons" was the cheapest option to view the whole terrain.

I like using Scouts with macrobinocs.

Another option is to spread scouts over the terrain with binos, you will need less scouts then you would need sensor beacons. And others won't be able to "steal" the sensor beacons.
I started using scouts in squads aswell. Let the squads patrol around the terrain, they will spot the targets for me.

Not that i need many squads, i have a high perception myself and have a binocular eqiupped, i can see plenty of the terrain without needing to move around too much.
If a target go's out of sight, i travel to the other side of the map and continue to attack the target(s)

Edited By: Neria Derycke on Year 17 Day 33 5:17

OUNzz3U.png
ZE-believer.jpg